Disney Wish questions on dining, shows & beer...

big al

Hi all..my DW & I are planning to cruise the Disney Wish next April ( late to avoid Spring Breakers, lol..) or early May on a 4 nighter..a few questions here..1) I have seen several videos of the dining venues and didn't see any tables for 2..my wife & I prefer dining alone at table for 2..are there any on the Wish? Yes, I know tables for 2 are NOT guaranteed, just requested ( we have been on 45 total cruises, this would be our 3rd on Disney..)....2) What times available for dining? Is it still 5:45 & 8 pm?....3) What times are the main theater shows? I would guess maybe 7 & 9 pm? ....3) I remember purchasing a large beer glass that must be 24 ounces or more ( maybe 20 oz..) and they said if you buy the glass, you could have it filled for the same price as a 12 or 16 oz glass and carry it with you around the ship..good deal, though I thought carrying this huge beer glass was a little inconvenient ...

4) I have read some people say that Castaway Cay is becoming "run down" and needs some refurbishment..we went to the adult Serenity Beach always..opinions? Thanks for your input..

Big Al

We haven't been on the Wish yet, but we are going in May. To be honest, this isn't the forum to get good DCL information. There are much better Disney forums, blogs and vlogs you should check out. With that being said, based on my research:

1) Yes there are tables for 2. Like you said, you can request but you may not get.

2) 5:45 and 8:15

3) 6:00, 8:30

3A) You can get the Beer Mug Savings Package, which gets you 21oz for the price of 16oz. You get the mug but also get a token which you can use instead of carrying the mug around.

4) We plan on staying on and enjoying an empty ship while in Castaway Cay. 

• Like 1

We were at Castaway Cay at the end of Sept beginning of Oct, I would not describe it as run down. The ocean has moved the Serenity Beach (adult area) sand to the water, so there's less dry beach and the lagoon is shallower then the past. TBH, it was nice to sit in the water and enjoy a beverage.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There are no tables for two (two tops), but you can request to dine alone at a 4-top. It's not guaranteed though. We did a B2B in November. The first cruise, we were seated with another couple. The second leg, we were seated alone.

• 3 weeks later...

As others mentioned, you can get a token at the bar when you are finished drinking at the end of the each night or really anytime you want. Secondly, on your last night, if you want to keep you mug then you can turn your dirty one into the bartender and they will give you a clean on to pack in your bag as a souvenir. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just got off the 3-day Wish 4/5-4/8/24 and my first trip to Castaway Cay. I’ve been to many other cruise line’s private islands and thought this ranked up there with some of the nicest. Short wait for tram ride, plenty of shade and chairs at the family beach and the lunch was surprisingly good (and allergy friendly). Plentiful soft drinks and soft serve ice cream, too! 

• Like 1