P and O help dept

Bin man

Just requested on Monday 13th November for a letter for missed port on ventura.  Cruise was 6 weeks ago and had a reply with all the information today 16th .Good work P and O. Dont know if my insurance claim will be successful .1st time I have claimed for a missed port also have one for Iona which was 3 weeks later so 2 claims outstanding .The Iona one gave letter to everybody onboard but for some reason didn't on Ventura .I didn't request one whilst onboard Ventura as I didn't realise I was covered on insurance so fingers crossed 

• Like 3

Did my first one following missing Alicante on Iona a couple of weeks ago.  

Claim submitted on Monday, call today with the offer, should have it within 10 days. Amazes me how companies can take payment within hours and it leaves my account but takes days the other way.  Ho-hum. 

Since we've had insurance that included missed port cover we've missed ports on three different ships.

First occasion, I went to reception a couple of days after the missed to ask about a letter.  They printed one off for me straight away saying that they only issue them if requested.

Next occasion, went along as above. This time was told that letter would delivered to cabin, mentioned in passing that they issue them if requested.

Third occasion, all passengers had a letter two letters delivered to their cabin.

Different reception managers, different ways how to deal with the same thing.

We were insured with Staysure and all our missed port claims were.  First one took about 3, maybe 4 weeks.  Staysure then changed the claims they were using.  The following two claims were both settled in less than two weeks.

Tips for Staysure, just make sure you scan or photo the letter showing which port(s) were missed so that you upload as part of your claim. You also need to upload a copy of your booking confirmation showing the original itinery.

Ditto with Admiral.  Upload booking confirmation with itinerary and I scanned the missed port letter from P&O.  Used Admirals online form, quite intuitive.  72 hours later I had a call.  No contesting it from them as no alternative port offered. I couldn't fault it really.  I just hope this doesn't mean my quote next years jumps as I made a claim.

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

How did your claims go ? Were they all successful? Any tips how to handle the claims. 

We are insured with our Flexplus account with Nationwide. We paid extra for missed port, after missing Alicante in March on Iona we had letters delivered to our cabin. On returning home rang Nationwide and they said we had already had a number of claims for same missed port so wouldn't need a copy of letter. £150pp was in our account within 7days, excellent service.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 2