OBC via the Stockperks app - my experience

2 minutes ago, HowiefromMaui said:

If you submitted your booking number and your brokerage statement they know what cruise you're requesting your stockholder benefit for. Question is did they acknowledge receipt of your submission? If so you're good to go, unless for some reason or another your request is denied. Then more communication with CCL Administrative Services would be required.

There was nowhere to enter the booking number, hence my question.

If you have any questions about your reservation or the Carnival Corp shareholder benefit program, please contact your respective brand at:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HowiefromMaui said:

When I go to the app, choose Carnival Cruise Lines and click on redeem the first box to fill in is the Booking Number.

I have no idea what pops up on your screen. Sorry, I'm in the USA.

Thanks for your suggestions.  It has "Redeem perk" but it only says "Your uploaded brokerage statement is being processed." so I guess I'll just have to wait and hope they're prompt.

I submitted paperwork for a February 2024 HAL cruise in the beginning of December. Last week I realized that I hadn't heard anything so I called HAL and spoke to an agent who told me about Stockperks.  I downloaded the app and started to fill out the info until I hit the screen that wanted login info for my brokerage account -NO WAY I'M GIVING OUT THAT INFO. Was told that there was no other way so I called Carnival Corporation Investor Relations in Miami.  The woman I spoke with was able to submit my info after I sent it to her.  I got an email from Stockperks saying I had been approved but no way to confirm it. Just emailed my PCC at HAL.  The woman at Investor Relations and two agents I spoke to from HAL told me they are taking names of all the people who are calling to complain about giving access to brokerage.  I'm happy with HAL but told everyone at Carnival & HAL that I'm having my broker look into Royal Caribbean stock in case they don't fix this mess!

Before when you submitted your paperwork to CCL for your benefit did you also provide proof of your shares in CCL? Did you redact your account number when you did that like the instructions said to do?? StockPerks submissions are no different.

They have no need for your account numbers so mark/blacken/whiteout your number, scan or copy, take a picture of the page showing your stock and send it in.

By the way, RCLs submission policy isn't any different.

RCL-Shareholder-Onboard-Credit-Offer-Request-Form_240125_184810.thumb.jpg.2fbad5e3d5da69f3cdfaa2de6c6f3494.jpg

On 12/18/2023 at 8:10 AM, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe I will try the Princess address next time. As long as I apply well in advance, I will have time to use the Carnival address as a fall-back option.

I think that post-covid the office staff were overwhelmed by constant itinerary changes, credits & rebooks for those unable to cruise with covid. They were also short staffed, and having their own issues with "close contact" isolations. I just think that someone requesting OBC for a few months away would have been "triaged" as a low priority in favour of other tasks that needed to be done ASAP. To them, they only needed to process in time for sailing date.

Just to confirm, my latest OBC request submitted to the Princess address for Coral next month was completed same day.

When I previously sent information to HAL and Carnival, I submitted the personal and cruise information as well as a redacted page from my brokerage report with the account number and unnecessary stocks blocked out - very common info requested. And yes, I can read so I was able to see the requirements for RCL. I was directed by the HAL reps to download the Stockperks app and use that for my submission. That company uses yet another company (PLAID) to look into your brokerage account - the app asks for the login information for the brokerage:

image.thumb.png.54ecb34bcfa141dd57790128b2227c7d.png

THIS IS NOT THE SAME SUBMISSION AS THE PREVIOUS PROTOCOL.. 

We are now dealing with a third party (Stockperks) using an additional party (PLAID) to search around my brokerage account. My account has 4 accounts within it and they are going to snoop around to find the one account that has Carnival (CCL)..There is no option to submit a single sheet as was previously done - I even had to go through my 30 page December statement to find the page I needed to copy and submit.

Apparently there are many people who are upset about the request for access to sensitive information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat as donaldm. I was uncomfortable giving them id and password that allowed them to verify ownership.  There was an option to submit paperwork but that seemed anti-app? Now I'm panicked that I did something stupid and am changing my brokerage account info. 

On 1/25/2024 at 12:03 PM, amp-qld said:

I've just submitted my CCL statement to Stockperks for a cruise starting in 5 weeks (so getting close) but it hasn't asked for any of the cruise details that Carnival say you need to submit.  Does that get asked when Stockperks accept your share holding?  Thanks

Once you get the email saying it has been accepted gp back into the app and select the applicable cruise line. You will then be able to enter your booking number, name, date of birth, and email address. 

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Once you get the email saying it has been accepted gp back into the app and select the applicable cruise line. You will then be able to enter your booking number, name, date of birth, and email address. 

That was some time ago. It was all sorted and we're now on the cruise and have spent the credit.

42 minutes ago, amp-qld said:

That was some time ago. It was all sorted and we're now on the cruise and have spent the credit.

In that case good to hear it worked for you.