Cozumel excursion to chicen itza

UKLloyd

Afternoon,

Does anybody have any experience of this excursion? Seems like a long day however definitely something we fancy doing. Just curious if anybody has done it and their thoughts on the amount of travel. Is it a rush all day or well balanced?

Thanks in advance for your help.

we have not done it but I believe it involves the ferry  from Coz over rough water , and is a long trip   Only you can decide if it's worth it.

if no one responds here you can try port board, search feature, or google

I have been to Chichen Itza from Coz on a land trip. I would NOT take this bus travel to the site on a cruise tour. Way too much time in a bus and ferry and way too little time at the ruins. And yes, the ferry ride can be very rough. On another occasion I took a tour to Tulum which involved that ferry ride. 

We have done it from Progreso (which was still a long day but quite a bit less travel than from Cozumel) but not many cruise lines stop there. With the ferry and then the long bus ride from Cozumel, I’m not sure it is worth it. 

Did this years ago on another cruise line, but as others have said, it’s a very long day involving crossing open water in a bobbing cork disguised as a ferry, followed by a loooong bus ride. Our driver fancied himself a NASCAR driver in a bus with minimal suspension and no shocks. If you have any hint of motion sickness ever in your life, avoid at all costs. 

Seriously, we want to go back, but not from Cozumel. 

• Like 1