Blue Waters Resort Antigua

Sterling

5 hours ago, Sterling said:

Visiting Antigua on the NCL Sky in December. 

One of the available excursions is “Blue Waters Resort Beach Retreat” and it’s $399pp. How is that even possible? Has anyone done this?

The price point is what it is for this luxury resort, which attracts those who wish to enjoy the special ambiance, quality food and drinks.  Those that baulk at the price don’t go.
Consider it like a top class golf course is Spain, where a round of golf can cost $250 and a round of golf at a “hackers” course costs $20.

What amazes one, is those who do wish to pay the required price point, complain about it’s level. 

Many cruisers do visit, why not join them?

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

The price point is what it is for this luxury resort, which attracts those who wish to enjoy the special ambiance, quality food and drinks.  Those that baulk at the price don’t go.
Consider it like a top class golf course is Spain, where a round of golf can cost $250 and a round of golf at a “hackers” course costs $20.

What amazes one, is those who do wish to pay the required price point, complain about it’s level.  Correction:  

What amazes one, is those who don’t wish to pay the required price point, complain about it’s level. 

Many cruisers do visit, why not join them?

Correction

6 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Correction

No “complaining” just surprised that it’s $800 for two of us for a few hours and the description doesn’t even mention food/drinks or anything else included. The intention of my question was to understand what makes it worth the high cost. We can spend the day seeing the islands in a helicopter for that much. 

I’d also consider that you don’t know me, so don’t assume you know what I am or am not willing to pay. I just want to know what I’m paying for. 

• Like 1

Blue Waters is an elegant British-style resort.  I would not recommend a day pass as you will not receive the same outstanding service as guests staying for a vacation.  Plan to stay for a whole week to experience the features at Blue Waters.  This is not a good resort to stay for a day.  

2 hours ago, Nashna said:

Blue Waters is an elegant British-style resort.  I would not recommend a day pass as you will not receive the same outstanding service as guests staying for a vacation.  Plan to stay for a whole week to experience the features at Blue Waters.  This is not a good resort to stay for a day.  

Unfortunately that is not an option given that I am there just for the day. 

18 hours ago, Sterling said:

Unfortunately that is not an option given that I am there just for the day. 

Of course not.  Several times, we have enjoyed an island so much on a cruise that we planned to visit again on an extended land vacation. 

If considering a vacation, then can recommend a Bluff stay at Curtain Bluff.  Their Beach rooms are also excellent.  Sometimes, they have capacity for a day stay, but best to make an enquiry in advance giving stay date.

Top class service.

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2023 at 2:25 PM, Nashna said:

Please explain.  We can do a day pass for 5 of us and it's not too expensive.  What is so bad about it????

My friends arranged a day stay at Blue Waters last year..  They viewed the level of service they received inferior to the service Blue Waters regular guests were given. 

• 4 months later...