Dreaded time zone changes

mitsugirly

When creating a new event in your iPhone/iPad calendar, you can change the timezone to the one where the activity will take place. If you add a reminder for say one hour before, and ensure your phone’s volume is on, you’ll get warning based on the time and timezone you used in the calendar.

Although this next advice is not 100% relevant to the OP’s question, familiarise yourself with the iPhone and iPad World Clock. The tab for this can be found at the bottom of the screen in the Clock app. You can add major cities along your route before you embark. On iPhone you’ll see a list of locations & their time, on iPad you’ll see a map of the world with locations & times plus the times for sunrise and sunset. This allows you to see at a glance the time of where you are now and the differences between home and other destinations you’ll be visiting. It’s very useful for planning.

There may be something similar for Androids.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 8:14 AM, mitsugirly said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was hoping they didn't stop giving the time change notices since our last cruise at Spring Break. 

Good suggestions about using the time on the NCL app and also on the navigation channel. I'll remember that and check it. 

Be careful if you get up early the app was not changed on Viva this morning at 4am still said 5am.

TV and cabin phone were correct.

6 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Be careful if you get up early the app was not changed on Viva this morning at 4am still said 5am.

TV and cabin phone were correct.

I noticed that delta. Butler. Butler said it was an IT glitch and trust the TV.

On 11/18/2023 at 3:53 PM, JGmf said:

I still made sure I put the TV on the navigation channel to read the scrolling thing to verify the ship's time.

no longer reliable, unfortunately.

on the joy recently, the navigation channel and the bridge channel had times that were not in sync. one was correct, one was not… but which one? this continued till about 10 am.