Smart Attire for Men--Nice Jeans and Collared Pullover Sweater?

rj1227

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

This may be well into the realm of too much information, but I find myself more and more sensitive as time passes.

The immune system's response to lanolin does indeed vary by age. For some people it gets less as they get older, just as hayfever tends to get more mild with age; but unlike hayfever lanolin reaction can increase with age too in some population groups. The slightly more technical reason for this is that the immune system's response is a form of dermatitis, and when younger that control can be strong enough not to be noticeable, but as you get older the dermatitis indeed becomes noticeable. Lanolin is also present in various cosmetics, including lipstick since it binds with the colouring, so if you get a skin flare-up late in life that can be the rather odd cause of it. 

• Thanks 2

The greatest superstar who carried off the mock turtleneck genre of dress brilliantly was Wilfrid Wimble. He was a major star for many years in the Beano with the Bash Street kids and was highly respected in the United Kingdom. "Don't stick your neck out, you don't know what's out there" was his motto.

Regards John

58 minutes ago, john watson said:

The greatest superstar who carried off the mock turtleneck genre of dress brilliantly was Wilfrid Wimble. He was a major star for many years in the Beano with the Bash Street kids and was highly respected in the United Kingdom. "Don't stick your neck out, you don't know what's out there" was his motto.

Regards John

He can’t be that major a star or that highly respected in the UK, as I’ve never heard of him.

31 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

He can’t be that major a star or that highly respected in the UK, as I’ve never heard of him.

Nor me, but I think you need to Google/search the name. It might explain why you don't know the name 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alc13 said:

I wouldn't rule out a turtleneck.  It can look smashing.  

56b24ae42e526551008b48b0.thumb.webp.49e37135ba26bb76db82fe34270ede08.webp

Again it depends on your tastes, in clothing, coffee and other matters.

If I had to rank celebrities Travolta might come above them!

And I forgot; I don't wear black shirts. Black or navy is fine for most other garments, but mid blue is about as dark as I'd consider for a shirt/top.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, john watson said:

You cannot be serious.

Regards John

Really am, haven’t a clue who he is/was. Never heard of him before like others on here too. Neither has my interest been piqued to investigate further. 

Edited by Winifred 22
  • Like 1