Internet 2 devices vs.1 for both passengers

kaykels

I regularly by the 4-device plan for just myself, then "sell" the other three accesses to people in my roll call group.  

I set up the username and PIN, then I tell it to each person when they meet up with me on Day One to pay me (cash or PayPal).  

It works out great, b/c we all get cheaper internet this way.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I regularly by the 4-device plan for just myself, then "sell" the other three accesses to people in my roll call group.  

I set up the username and PIN, then I tell it to each person when they meet up with me on Day One to pay me (cash or PayPal).  

It works out great, b/c we all get cheaper internet this way.

I used to do that, but not anymore.  It's a PIA as folks just can't seem to understand they have to logoff one device to logon to another.  I kept getting calls that other folks can't get on line because 4 others are logged on.  Now I just buy for myself and share with my wife.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I used to do that, but not anymore.  It's a PIA as folks just can't seem to understand they have to logoff one device to logon to another.  I kept getting calls that other folks can't get on line because 4 others are logged on.  Now I just buy for myself and share with my wife.

I'm always VERY clear about my expectations regarding logging off before logging on with a different device.  Now that it just auto-bumps someone off instead of not allowing another to log on, it's not too much of a problem. 

If it ever got really bad, I could go to the Voom desk and change the username and PIN at any time during the cruise.  Then they'd have to hunt me down (I do give them my room number) to get the new credentials, and I can go over the fact that they HAVE to log off before changing devices.  But I've never had to resort to that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm always VERY clear about my expectations regarding logging off before logging on with a different device.  Now that it just auto-bumps someone off instead of not allowing another to log on, it's not too much of a problem. 

If it ever got really bad, I could go to the Voom desk and change the username and PIN at any time during the cruise.  Then they'd have to hunt me down (I do give them my room number) to get the new credentials, and I can go over the fact that they HAVE to log off before changing devices.  But I've never had to resort to that.

I've done that before, asked them to clear the deck and knock everyone off, but for me, it was a PIA.  Since they jacked up the price of adding devices, the savings in sharing vis a vis he hassle was just not worth it.  

• Like 1