Arcadia obstructed view cabins on E Deck

amajaa

Hi, does anyone know whether the beds in the obstucted view cabins on E Deck are in front off the windows or at the side. It makes a difference as to whether we ask for twin beds as they would give more room in the middle if in front of the window or a double if on the side.  Specifically Cabin E72
Thanks 

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

Hi, does anyone know whether the beds in the obstucted view cabins on E Deck are in front off the windows or at the side. It makes a difference as to whether we ask for twin beds as they would give more room in the middle if in front of the window or a double if on the side.  Specifically Cabin E72
Thanks 

See this

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/Arcadia

See decription of cabins on left

I occupied cabin E71, the bed was side on to the window and I had a view between the lifeboats.

I was a bit startled one morning on a port day when opening my curtains I found a crew member outside the window with a pot of grease oiling the runners on the lifeboat. But that didn't happen every day . 

I was quite happy with the cabin, the only problem I had was with the temperature controls on the shower. The Cabin also had a bath.

20 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

See this

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/Arcadia

See decription of cabins on left

Thanks that's showing the bed head on to the window but I understand on Arcadia some are on the side as mentioned below

2 hours ago, GOQ said:

I occupied cabin E71, the bed was side on to the window and I had a view between the lifeboats.

I was a bit startled one morning on a port day when opening my curtains I found a crew member outside the window with a pot of grease oiling the runners on the lifeboat. But that didn't happen every day . 

I was quite happy with the cabin, the only problem I had was with the temperature controls on the shower. The Cabin also had a bath.

Thanks so the beds weren't head onto the back wall as on some ships. Would it be easier to have a double bed then otherwise if we had two twins one of the beds sides would be right against the window would it? I am thinking that correctly?   We would prefer a double but not if it restricts the space to move around in. 

The photo my be deceiving, there are bedside tables and adequate space between the bed and  window on one side and the wall on the other side.

The room is bigger than it looks on the photo.

Edited by GOQ
added comment

16 minutes ago, GOQ said:

The photo my be deceiving, there are bedside tables and adequate space between the bed and  window on one side and the wall on the other side.

The room is bigger than it looks on the photo.

Oh good, thanks so much for info 

On 11/29/2023 at 11:04 AM, amajaa said:

I have another question please, did I read somewhere that Arcadia also has a USA socket point and only one UK one. Or did I imagine that 

Correct! Arcadia was supposed to be the Queen Victoria hence the USA socket point. I took a USA adapter with me to use the USA socket.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:04 AM, amajaa said:

I have another question please, did I read somewhere that Arcadia also has a USA socket point and only one UK one. Or did I imagine that 

Yes, and it's upside down. If you have a multiplug you can't use the top as it is also close to the top of the dressing table.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 5:52 PM, amajaa said:

Thanks 

You may also get the cabin steward to reconfigure double to twin beds or vice versa once on board.  There have been cruises when I was sharing with my daughter and beds needed to be separated.

Regards John

• Haha 1