Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

15 minutes ago, minniegidget said:

Reading this post and your TA post. Sometimes I get the two post confused and want to ask you question about the TA post here, 

Who is your CD on this sailing? Is it Andy "for Captain"?

If it is he was our CD for Alaska last year. He was one of my favorites.

Yes, same guy. 

14 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Mobile bar for next week has been secured.

image.thumb.png.42aac6f615e18c8ef698752c7d67dc73.png

17014799938059179030405634151237.thumb.jpg.8742a378e0c12cfa86fb1e7b4d51462d.jpg

Off to do my last mile for the day on the track and then we'll talk about dinner.

You are lucky!  Worked for me on my April cruise but didn’t work for others on Venezia last month.  I didn’t here if the lady picking up said she was on a B2B but I heard the crew member say you are on a B2B and you can oick up next week.

• Like 4

Just now, WhiteOptima said:

You are lucky!  Worked for me on my April cruise but didn’t work for others on Venezia last month.  I didn’t here if the lady picking up said she was on a B2B but I heard the crew member say you are on a B2B and you can oick up next week.

That's what I think would happen so I waited to purchase until after 7pm when you could leave with your purchase instead of doing pickup.

• Like 8

Am I the only reviewer who has had a blackout while docked in Miami? I should get an award for that or something. 

I'll get caught up in a bit and go over my technical woes but I've got some work to knock it now that I'm back in business. 

• Like 8

I've been hitting the Oh Crap button all afternoon. I never did get a chance for a nap, safety announcements will begin shortly so I guess I still won't get one unless I try after sail away.

Back before the day fell apart, I was being well taken care of at the B2B gathering.

20231202_104050-XL.jpg

I probably could have gotten more, but I have a pretty well stocked mobile bar, I didn't really need it. My room was not ready so it was the right choice since I would have been walking around with it all day.

I have never, NEVER had to wait past 11 for my room when I am on a B2B. I checked frequently because I needed to set up a home base, and my room was not ready one minute early. I guess now its not just Diamond and Platinum who don't get their rooms done first, B2B can't count on it either.

Why not set it in the fridge? Because it probably would have gotten tossed with the items still left in my fridge from the last occupants that were still sitting in there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've been going round and round with my mobile provider since I got a new phone. I have no data. I have service, but they can't seem to get data working since I moved my Sim card. So even in Miami, I need wifi in order to reach the interwebs.

I kept trying to login to Carnival Wifi but it did not recognize me. I guess I tried one too many times, and now it was saying my account was locked out.  I left it alone hoping it would resolve itself.

I went ahead and did my outside deck tour. Boarding had begun already so I still ended up with people in my pictures, but a lot less than I saw any port day. 

I grabbed some lunch pictures, but somehow I forgot cake! I must be sick.

20231202_105145-XL.jpg

20231202_105148-XL.jpg

20231202_105150-XL.jpg

20231202_105151-XL.jpg

20231202_105153-XL.jpg

• Like 7

Next I went to guest services. They are seriously overselling FTTF. Priority line was just as long as regular line. I made it to the front of the line at the exact same time I would have if I had joined the regular line.

The timer said seventeen minutes and some seconds.

Insanity.

They could not unlock my account no matter what they tried. She said she would contact IT to resolve. I asked how long, she said an hour. That was probably about accurate. No idea why it got locked, or why it did not recognize my information.

They could not get me scanned in at muster either. 

Did some walking on the track, made some phone calls, and somewhere along the way it was back online. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I would love to say that none of these hassles would happen on a B2B on Cunard, but, if I’m honest, they’d would probably be worse. 😀

One of the nice things about my trip was it was sold as one cruise. No pesky B2B procedures involved. Didn't even need to clear customs like they make us do in the US.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

One of the nice things about my trip was it was sold as one cruise. No pesky B2B procedures involved. Didn't even need to clear customs like they make us do in the US.

Isn’t it immigration? Whatever, it is one of the most annoying features of arriving in the US. In UK/Europe, it doesn’t matter whether it is sold as one cruise or several, the authorities don’t make you get off.

Got back to the room, which was finally ready, along with everyone else's.

20231202_131432-XL.jpg

Once again, it is just me. Why is the second bed made up? I'm wailing on the Oh Crap button over here. No big deal, really, but I'm cranky from no sleep and the tech issues I've been having. 

Then I need to plug my phone in to let it charge. I can't find it. I go ahead and unpack. Nothing, nowhere to be found. I almost break that Oh crap button from slapping it so hard!

I must have left it in my room. I wish I could say I have never left my phone charger. I tend to keep a spare because this has happened more times than it should as something that does not get packed right away. I don't have it because I changed suitcases.

I go try to find my room steward from last cruise. He is on break. I go to guest services, AGAIN, line is quicker I didn't bother to time it because I'm too frustrated with the day to care at this point. I'd say about three or four minutes. There are two agents working the priority line now, so that helps.  She calls the floor supervisor. Does not get my name so I don't expect to hear back.

I return to my room, and now my laptop is missing!!

That's when it clicks. I am not an idiot who left his phone charger. I am an idiot who packed a whole other bag and carried it with me with stuff I didn't want to leave for the room switch and then forgot I had placed in the closet already. I seriously think I'm losing my marbles sometimes! 

Sure enough, inside that bag along with my laptop, is my phone charger.

Can I please put away the Oh Crap button now? I don't want to push it anymore!

• Like 5
  • Haha 16

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Isn’t it immigration? Whatever, it is one of the most annoying features of arriving in the US. In UK/Europe, it doesn’t matter whether it is sold as one cruise or several, the authorities don’t make you get off.

I don't know why I keep calling it customs. But you are correct, it is very annoying. And it does not matter how you booked it, leave the US and return? You have to clear border patrol. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

20231202_131432-XL.jpg

Once again, it is just me. Why is the second bed made up? I'm wailing on the Oh Crap button over here. No big deal, really, but I'm cranky from no sleep and the tech issues I've been having. 

Then I need to plug my phone in to let it charge. I can't find it. I go ahead and unpack. Nothing, nowhere to be found. I almost break that Oh crap button from slapping it so hard!

I must have left it in my room. I wish I could say I have never left my phone charger. I tend to keep a spare because this has happened more times than it should as something that does not get packed right away. I don't have it because I changed suitcases.

I go try to find my room steward from last cruise. He is on break. I go to guest services, AGAIN, line is quicker I didn't bother to time it because I'm too frustrated with the day to care at this point. I'd say about three or four minutes. There are two agents working the priority line now, so that helps.  She calls the floor supervisor. Does not get my name so I don't expect to hear back.

That's when it clicks. I am not an idiot who left his phone charger. I am an idiot who packed a whole other bag and carried it with me with stuff I didn't want to leave for the room switch and then forgot I had placed in the closet already. I seriously think I'm losing my marbles sometimes! 

When things go wrong, they keep going wrong for a while.  Good time for the sauna... clear out the bad juju. Relax and start over.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

20231202_131432-XL.jpg

Count to ten and chiiiiiiiiill. You are on a ship which you like and having a holiday, perhaps not as restful on Carnival as it would be on Cunard, but nonetheless agreeable. So a bit of deep breathing and you’ll be fine. 😃 Relax and chill.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I don't know why I keep calling it customs. But you are correct, it is very annoying. And it does not matter how you booked it, leave the US and return? You have to clear border patrol. 

This is true. I believe it happens in Singapore too, but not many other places. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

When things go wrong, they keep going wrong for a while.  Good time for the sauna... clear out the bad juju. Relax and start over.

And then a drink, sipped slowly, perhaps.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 4