AMA Waterways Cruise Manager Gratuity for Pre and Post Extensions

wrl001

I'm so confused about the 3-day AMA Waterways Prague extension gratuity for the Cruise Director.  Can that be added to shipboard account, or do I pay it directly to the Cruise Manager at the end of the extension?  Lastly, for this gratuity are US Dollars acceptable? Thanks

We did the Grand Danube. This could be booked as a single cruise or as individual cruises, so essentially a B2B. We also booked the Pre and a Post. We ended up having the same CM the entire time (and she was awesome!) There were local guides as well. That said, after the first week, some of the people only on the first week had a post, and prior to the second week some of the people only on the second week had a pre. Also, after our cruise, there were actually 2 post options. Obviously, 1 CM can not do all of them. I can not confirm personally, but the way it sounded, there were other AMA CMs with those people on the other pre/post optional packages.

We've only done the 1 AMA cruise where we did a pre/post, but from how it appears to me, and from talking to our CM, I believe the way it normally works on AMA is that a CM will do a 1 week cruise with the pre & post packages (if the cruise has them). then they will have some time off (week or 2?) and then do it again. if you were to stay on the same ship for multiple B2B cruises, you'd probably see 3 different CMs over the course of 3 weeks. Our CM went from home to Prague, where she was with us for 3 days. She was on the ship for 2 weeks, then the Brasov/Bucharest for 4 days. Her husband actually met her the last day in Bucharest, and she was going home after.

Ive done 3 post cruises with AMA at this point and the cruise director came with us for all 3 (French coast to St. Malo then Paris, Prague, and Brasov/Bucharest that RobInMN refers to.)

The only * are the ones pointed out in RobinMN's reply, the 14 day Grand Danube is actually also 2 7 day cruises back to back where some of the passengers leave in Budapest to go to Prague, for the cruise I was on, the week 1 cruise director went went them and the ship got a new cruise director in Budapest who came with the the pre-cruise passengers joining in Budapest and she went with us through Bucharest at the end of the cruise.  At the Romania end of the cruise you can either go to Romania or Turkey so yes those who went to Turkey were handed off to someone else while the cruise director went with us to Brasov later that morning.

Edited by CastleCritic