Carnival Transfer Question

MikeNKim

Almost the entire passenger load will get on Carnival sponsored busses at the Port of Dover to head to either Heathrow or Gatwick.  We certainly had it arranged well before the cruise. But they were also selling it onboard.  We find it the most convenient way to get back to the appropriate airport from any international cruise as we typically do our local sightseeing in the days pre-cruise. Enjoy.

If you are interested in a Carnival transfer to Dover, last summer Carnival offered transfers from Heathrow (not sure about Gatwick - they probably did) and from Victoria coach station.  The option from the coach station was great for me, as I spent some time in London before my cruises.   It was much easier to get the bus from central London than getting back to the airport.  There was also an option to get a Carnival transfer after the cruise back to Victoria coach station, which I used as I was staying over one night before my flight home.

The transfer options showed up as shore excursions.  Keep checking if you don’t see them now.  These transfers are quite popular, so I assume they would  offer them again. 

I had this same question.  We are on the Carnival Legend July 19, 2024 cruise out of Dover.  I just spent close to 30 min on the phone with Carnival -- only to be told that the shuttle service would not be available to book until 4-6 months out.  They could not give me an estimate of the cost, but from other posts on the internet, it looks like it would be $100 or more, per person!  

I checked Uber XL prices, and they seem very reasonable -- approx $280 for 6 people from London hotel to Dover cruise terminal.

I paid $100 last summer, but by the time of my cruise, the price had gone up to $120.  It could be higher next year.  As I was traveling solo, it was a good price compared to Uber or a private driver.   A public bus and the train are cheaper, but given the distance, I liked knowing that Carnival knew I was on my way on one of their buses had there been traffic delays.   I did it twice - the bus rides were 2 1/4 hours one time and 2 1/2 hours the other.  

On Carnival’s website, you can find the general information on these transfers with “Explore/Shore excursions/Dover”.  They are currently showing at $109.99, so my recollection of them going up to $119.99 last summer is apparently wrong - but they could be that price by the time they can be booked next summer!  

Based on reviews, it’s clear some people had poor experiences.   That’s too bad. I had no complaints and would do it again. 

• Like 1