Ideas for hotel close to Fenchurch Station

SbbquilterUT

16 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Heading to Tilbury to board cruise intending to take the train the following morning.  Looking for recommendations for hotel.  Arriving at LHR and want to use public transport to hotel as well.  Thanks so much.

Sounds like the relatively new Elizabeth Line should be ideal. LHR to Stratford, East London. Stay at Stratford hotel adjacent to Westfield Shopping Centre, then DLR (Docklands light railway to West Ham, then Tain to Tilbury Docks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roger b said:

I can re commend this hotel ,it is a small boutique hotel. 

I have stayed  there and it was wonderful!!  

https://sunstreethotel.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=google_my_business

Looks ideal, not far from Fenchurch Street and very close to Liverpool Street. Of course, when we are asked these questions, we have no idea as to the persons budget.

• Like 1

Suggest you get off the train at Grays, the stop before Tilbury.  That's because there is a taxi office at Grays (for the approx 1mile leg to the terminal).  Because of the way the roads are laid out (getting over the railway tracks), the driving distance from Grays is about the same as from Tilbury.

Don't bother with any physical tickets - just use a contactless bank card or phone to pay.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Island2Dweller said:

You didn't say what day this will be.  On many weekends, the c2c trains may use Liverpool Street as well as (or sometimes instead of) Fenchurch St.

This is for Saturday, August 17, 2024 - not sure if that will impact train availability.  I will keep an eye on schedules.