First time with P&O , first Christmas on Azura

room with a view

13 hours ago, sandancer said:

Best attitude. We found ourselves comparing everything with Celebrity which is our favourite cruise line. Not the way to go. Once we settled down we accepted that they are different cruise lines and both have advantages. Once thing we really appreciated was that the onboard currency is £s. Also that drinks and speciality dining is way more affordable than the US cruise lines. 

Exactly the same for me, even down to Celebrity being my favourite cruise line.

We appreciate being able to sail from Southampton during the winter/early spring months when the American ships are elsewhere, mostly sailing around the Caribbean out of Florida ports.

Agree also about the dining, even though on X we have (when they were better value and the exchange rate better) dined in all of the speciality restaurants on the S-class but would not pay the prices they are asking now.  On the other hand we have really enjoyed our Epicurean dining on P&O and are happy to pay for it at least a few times per cruise.

To the OP I hope you really enjoy your cruise.  Our first ever P&O cruise was on Azura in 2018, although not at Christmas, and for what we had paid, we were impressed enough to book again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Exactly the same for me, even down to Celebrity being my favourite cruise line.

We appreciate being able to sail from Southampton during the winter/early spring months when the American ships are elsewhere, mostly sailing around the Caribbean out of Florida ports.

Agree also about the dining, even though on X we have (when they were better value and the exchange rate better) dined in all of the speciality restaurants on the S-class but would not pay the prices they are asking now.  On the other hand we have really enjoyed our Epicurean dining on P&O and are happy to pay for it at least a few times per cruise.

To the OP I hope you really enjoy your cruise.  Our first ever P&O cruise was on Azura in 2018, although not at Christmas, and for what we had paid, we were impressed enough to book again.

We have booked Epicurean and Sindhu twice each .   On NCL we always take the drinks package with Speciality restaurants ....on P&0 we have a generous OBC . This cruise will be a "try out and see"... as we are well snowed in at the moment the Canarian warmth will be much appreciated !!!

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 6:38 PM, dino1037 said:

Which RCL ships ? We sailed Azura last December pre Christmas and for what we paid we knew it wouldn’t be brilliant….. 

I wouldn’t do Azura again …. Depends what you want but the lack of drinks and appalling MDR service was the worst parts 

I have never had appalling MDR service, if I did I would speak to the Restaurant Manager.

We did!! As did everyone else on our table … lots of regular P&O cruisers on 10th December sailing last year who said how poor it was compared to previous cruisers

I’m trying them again in April for a short trip with friends … not my choice but one of the group on a very tight budget…. For £360 I don’t expect to be wowed!

22 minutes ago, dino1037 said:

We did!! As did everyone else on our table … lots of regular P&O cruisers on 10th December sailing last year who said how poor it was compared to previous cruisers

I’m trying them again in April for a short trip with friends … not my choice but one of the group on a very tight budget…. For £360 I don’t expect to be wowed!

Wow ! ..that's a bargain ..how many nights for £ 360 ? 

3 hours ago, room with a view said:

Wow ! ..that's a bargain ..how many nights for £ 360 ? 

5nights sharing interior cabin on Britannia 21st April… Northern Europe

Never done interior cabin before…. Not sure I’ll like that but we will see