Where do shore excursion wait lists show?

JG NC

I tried a search and got everything but what I searched.   

I tried to sign up for a waitlist for a shore excursion - I selected the Add to Waitlist, then it goes to a page to add a 0$ item to a cart so I tried that, nothing happens.  How do I know if I actually got on the waitlist?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, JG NC said:

I tried a search and got everything but what I searched.   

I tried to sign up for a waitlist for a shore excursion - I selected the Add to Waitlist, then it goes to a page to add a 0$ item to a cart so I tried that, nothing happens.  How do I know if I actually got on the waitlist?

Thanks

If the process worked properly, you should have received an email from HAL Shore Excursions confirming your $0 purchase. What might have gone wrong for you? There is a "Terms & Conditions" button to select as you make your purchase from the Shopping Cart. If you don't select the T&Cs button, the purchase won't be made.

Overall, the system works pretty well once you complete the $0 purchase. If you clear the waitlist, you'll get an email notification from HAL ShoreEx and an instruction that you have 72 hours to make you purchase. If you don't make your purchase within the 72 hour time frame, your waitlist place is cancelled and the option goes to the next guest in line.

Edited by Mandalay1903

We had a different experience last year. We were waitlisted for a couple of shorex and ended up purchasing another for the same time. We received no notice, but once onboard our Navigator showed us as booked and our account with several charges. We ended up going to the FD as shorex was closed and they sorted it out for us.

Having done this recently first you must complete the checkout to be waitlisted.  You will then Reta confirmation email that you are on a waitlist. The best check if you missed the email is to attempt to purchase again.  

• 3 months later...
On 3/26/2024 at 7:37 AM, Goldenrosebags said:

I just got an email saying I could go in and book my waitlisted excursion but I can't find it anywhere. I've looked all over the app and the web page and can't find my waitlist anywhere. Help?

The excursion goes directly into your cart. So you go back to excursions, then just hit your cart to check out and it should be there. There isn't a separate waitlist section. You have 72 hours from when you received the email to complete the transaction. If you are on a HAL cruise I bet you could go to the excursion desk for them to assist too.