Help for getting into Adelaide from ship

konatyme

We will be arriving in Adelaide aboard the Crown Princess on November 1, 2024, from 7 AM-6PM. We are considering a Princess shore excursion, but I think I've read somewhere that it's very easy to catch a train close to the port that goes into the CBD. I'd like to know if anyone has done this and whether it's fairly easy to get around once there (to places like the Central Market, Chinatown, the South Australia Museum, etc.).

Any advice/info that anyone can provide will be much appreciated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, konatyme said:

We will be arriving in Adelaide aboard the Crown Princess on November 1, 2024, from 7 AM-6PM. We are considering a Princess shore excursion, but I think I've read somewhere that it's very easy to catch a train close to the port that goes into the CBD. I'd like to know if anyone has done this and whether it's fairly easy to get around once there (to places like the Central Market, Chinatown, the South Australia Museum, etc.).

Outer Harbour Rail Station is a short walk from the ship and you will find Tourist people giving out maps and tickets to Adelaide about 30 minutes by the train.

6 hours ago, konatyme said:

The tickets were free for cruisers. Very easy to disembark right to station. Adelaide is very easy to get around to everything. You can even take a free tram to Glenelg Beach,

As others have advised the train station is across the road from the cruise terminal, about a 1-2 minute walk.  Trains into the city end at the Adelaide Railway station, with pedestrian exits onto North Terrace.  The South Australian Museum and Art Gallery are a 5-8 minute walk straight up North Terrace in an easterly direction. On North Terrace the Tram (light rail) stop is immediately outside the Railway Station and will take you either directly east to the Museum, Art Gallery or the Botanic Gardens or if you catch the tram to Glenelg you can get off for Rundle Mall (main shopping strip) - one stop from the rail station, or to Victoria Square for the Central Market.  These trams are free.  Have a great time in Adelaide.

• Like 2