Forfeited the $200 FCC to save over $3500

kdkstormy

Well Celebrity finally released their Panama Canal repositioning for 2025 from Ft Lauderdale to Alaska which we have been waiting for.  Did a comparison of pricing among Celebrity, Holland and Princess.  The best deal was Holland which included:

$300US each for Shore Excursions

3 Specialty Restaurant Dining each

Gratuities Included

Upgrade to Premium Alcohol Package

Upgrade to Premium Wifi

We booked a Sunset Balcony.  I will contact my Celebrity Cruise Planner to cancel my placeholder booking I had with the FCC of $200.  We will lose that but are gaining a lot more.  The savings overall are more than $3500 CDN when factoring in what we would have to spend for what's included on the Holland cruise.   

Celebrity is starting to price themselves out of market share.  

Edited by kdkstormy
  • Like 11

We have three upcoming cruises with Celebrity through 2024. We booked both of our 2025 cruises with HAL. The itineraries were unique and the price for a Neptune (plus all the included perks like gratuities, drink package, etc.) is far better than what a Sky Suite is going for these days. We thought we were going to stick more with Celebrity, but HAL won us back. Mostly because Celebrity is getting silly expensive! 

• Like 3

We have been sailing mostly HAL since Covid, although after Celebrity cruise we have a couple more booked as well as future HAL cruises.

For sure HAL is a better deal, but for equal cost I think I prefer Celebrity, but not  just not willing to pay a heavy premium.

Certainly for port intensive or itinerary focused cruises  - I think HAL is typically better option.

If I am just floating around the Caribbean visiting ports i have been to often multiple times, I feel like I can "splurge" a little for an upgraded on board experience.

The other place they have it over HAL for us is in Hawaii cruises, offering one way options. Only Celebrity and RCL have those.

Ironically, we will be doing just the opposite next fall.  We booked an Eastern Med (interior) while on board HAL. Found a deal on X with a better itinerary in an OV for $1000 less including perks.  We are currently on board the Reflection and this is the first time in many years we are not purchasing a FCC.  These days you have to be flexible.  As you stated, comparison shopping sometimes pays off!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Enjoy your cruise.  I have been wanting to try HAL again lately myself.

Thanks!  It’s all subjective, but the HAL newest Pinnacle class ships compare favorably with Celebrity’s S class.