*LIVE* from the Inaugural Voyage of the Norwegian Viva December 2, 2023

BirdTravels

16 hours ago, CAKEisgood said:

Wonder if the cost to play mini golf and darts will continue?

We were on the Prima in January and they did not charge us to play golf.  We didn’t play darts, but that also didn’t have a charge. 

we had fun playing mini golf. It is a fun little course. 

Don't worry....Pr1ma is now charging too. $10 per person for Tee Time and $5 per person for darts. Same as V!va. I'll be adding photos of Tee Time to my now expired live soon enough. It was an interesting course - not sure I'd play it again, but glad we tried it out.

Thanks @BirdTravels for your live and photos!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 11:56 PM, UKstages said:

indulge, hands down, every time. it does depend on how early you board. as the bird pointed out, savvy folks with early boarding are now on to indulge and eager to try it. on the prima out of new york earlier this year, i was eating lunch at indulge by noon. but i was seated by 11:45.

you'll have plenty of time to sample hudson's. indulge will get progressively busier as the cruise wears on, more people will try it and like it and you'll have to plan to be there a good twenty minutes or more before the start of meal service to ensure a table.(or towards the end of service.)

haven't been on the viva yet, but on the prima, you could drop embarkation-day hand carry luggage off at the improv while you gallivanted about.

So we took both of yours advice and after signing up for shows, applying for Press Your Luck, and reserving BTS tour, wine tasting, and officer dinner, we went to Indulge at approximately 12:35pm. Indulge was already a madhouse and we circled the premises 4 times before giving up. We're sitting in Hudsons now with a view of the downtown Miami skyline and enjoying the calm peaceful atmosphere.

This was my initial thought but I tried to be open. The atmosphere in Indulge was too chaotic and I'm enjoying the peaceful and elegant surroundings. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Observations Lounge provides spectacular 270 degree forward facing views and a quite place for a drink. 

image.png.05b1a3419e8ee107a3856d7a9261c6fc.png

image.png.b9a0f72504dbcdeec8cb6a18be786b8e.png

image.png.5ec42d358f605d5010d3f4bf97604941.png

image.png.f26347d0fe7be962467b07c75653d463.png

image.png.b149891b417bba58224240bd0d563006.png

image.png.284f7f104ef9f2e65c909a82e0688cf2.png

image.png.6fb3a904375b128160575a7ec0e3faf2.png

What's unexpected is the observation lounge has a mini food 'buffet' setup including a drinks station. It serves a light breakfast and  light snacks in the mid to late afternoons. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

What's unexpected is the observation lounge has a mini food 'buffet' setup including a drinks station. It serves a light breakfast and  light snacks in the mid to late afternoons. 

Need somewhere as they shut the buffet and indulge after a short lunch.

Only place we ever found cookies.

15 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I thought this was odd before we went on the Encore. And I still find it odd.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

it's pretty standard in all the observation lounges. prima and joy, too.

many people go there on embarkation day for a light lunch. a lot of people go there after an excursion while the ship is in port. it's not so much that the buffet is small (which it is on viva and prima), but that the observation lounge "snacks" are often available before the buffet is open.

9 minutes ago, UKstages said:

it's pretty standard in all the observation lounges. prima and joy, too.

many people go there on embarkation day for a light lunch. a lot of people go there after an excursion while the ship is in port. it's not so much that the buffet is small (which it is on viva and prima), but that the observation lounge "snacks" are often available before the buffet is open.

It's been 6 years since my last NCL cruise and the newest ship was the Getaway which doesn't have an observation lounge. Additionally on either Royal or Celebrity's version of a forward facing observation lounge neither cruiselines on any of their ship classes have a food service component (loyalty lounges excluded). Celebrity's E-Class aft facing observation lounge Eden does have a great cafe. 

Edited by kwokpot

Looking for a quick breakfast? The Indulge Food Hall now serves a breakfast buffet (in addition to the traditional egg bowls and grab-n-go breakfast sandwiches). 

There is also the Main Dining Room, The Local and the Observation Lounge that serve breakfast. 

image.png.20a9fbd0b96a89677b82126050cd8da2.png

image.png.74dc1223f72c2e65ea3d5e9e5c0f2ba7.png

image.png.982ee0f6cd3e6441e1bcc5ce4e77820b.png

image.png.8db1e25ba6431396c5738360cc1561b3.png

image.png.4e7493409a2d2da65ed7bf6e185b3d82.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Improv is the place for comedy.

are they using the improv for comedy on the viva?

on the prima, all comedy shows were moved to the theatre. the improv was for triva, karoke, solo traveler meet ups and such.