retreat cabana cancellation policy

smiledr

Does anyone know the retreat cabana cancellation policy?  I sail on Tuesday Dec 5.  We have an extra cabana due to a last min party in our group cancelling.  All the Cabanas are in my name so the reservation did not automatically cancel when they did.  Will I be ok if I cancel tomorrow since it before we board.  I am sick that I might have to eat the $600.00

Cabanas are treated like excursions as far as cancellations are concerned.  I believe you'll only be eligible for a full refund if the cabana rental is cancelled no later than 3 days prior to the cabana rental date.  I'd strongly recommend visiting Guest Services in person as soon as you're onboard so you can confirm the cancellation deadline.

This is copied from the FAQ's section for Excursions on the the HAL site:

Cancellations for pre-paid tours are allowed up to 3 days prior to cruise embarkation and will be refunded to the credit card used for the purchase.  If within 3 days of embarkation, all changes/cancellations must be done onboard the ship and refunds will be applied to your onboard account. If the credit is not fully utilized during the cruise, the balance will be paid to that passenger by the ship's Purser at the end of the voyage. If cancellation occurs onboard after the cancellation deadline for specific shore excursions, a 100% cancellation fee will apply.

12 minutes ago, Jacqueet said:

Rookie question, but how does one MAKE a cabana reservation? I've never seen that as an option on the HAL site when buying other things, like shore excursions or spa Treatments. 

You have to call ship services for on board cabanas.(800-541-1576). For HMC cabanas, they are sold as excursions on the website.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

You have to call ship services for on board cabanas.(800-541-1576). For HMC cabanas, they are sold as excursions on the website.

Thank you! I'm only interested in the onboard cabanas, so will call as you suggest. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 3:23 PM, smiledr said:

Does anyone know the retreat cabana cancellation policy?  I sail on Tuesday Dec 5.  We have an extra cabana due to a last min party in our group cancelling.  All the Cabanas are in my name so the reservation did not automatically cancel when they did.  Will I be ok if I cancel tomorrow since it before we board.  I am sick that I might have to eat the $600.00

When you get onboard ask to speak to the beverage manager - it is their job to coordinate the cabanas once the three day window closes.  If you are up on the retreat talk to the cabana attendants and ask them to send the beverage manager over.  Explain what happened and simply ask them to refund your prepayment.  I would not delay but am pretty sure they will refund your money given the situation. 

Guest services (and the neptune lounge) will just call the beverage manager.  If you want to save time and trouble just ask to speak to them directly in the beverage department.  I have booked MANY retreat cabanas and know this drill quite well.  Guest services knows nothing about it and neither does the concierge.  He'll just waste time speaking to them.

Making a good-faith effort to cancel on the first day will maximize your odds of getting a full refund.  There is no "refund policy" when it comes to cabanas, but if you speak directly to the person who schedules it on day 1 you will probably get a refund for the whole booking. 

Edited by Real NHDOC
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, smiledr said:

I called guest services and they happily refunded the cabana.   I was told that cabanas are completely refundable up until time of boarding.

Typically the ship services department handles all cabana business before the cruise begins.  I thought you had said you were sailing today?  It's great you were able to get a refund but to clarify did you call guest services (on the ship) or customer service in Seattle?