First time on Edge series

boontj2003

Can someone clarify the dining on Edge series? We booked late because our BCC offer just came in. We currently have an 8:30 dining. Do we go to any of the restaurants at that time? Has anyone ever tried to change to MTD and get there early, did you get a seat?

There is no set dining on E class, it is all anytime dining.  You can show up when you are ready to dine at any of the 4 MDRs.  We are just off the Edge and went to the MDRs 5 nights  about 7 and only waited once for about 5 minutes as there were 5 of us and they had to reset a 2 top and 4 top for us.

1 hour ago, boontj2003 said:

Can someone clarify the dining on Edge series? We booked late because our BCC offer just came in. We currently have an 8:30 dining. Do we go to any of the restaurants at that time? Has anyone ever tried to change to MTD and get there early, did you get a seat?

there is “anytime” aka MTD, and there is “select”. Fixed time in a specific dining room and a specific table.

We are currently on Apex and that’s what we have.

We have noticed lines outside every dining room this sailing for those that are in MTD. Maybe they have reservations, maybe walk ins. Can’t comment on that 

40 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

there is “anytime” aka MTD, and there is “select”. Fixed time in a specific dining room and a specific table.

We are currently on Apex and that’s what we have.

Well, this is new then. X had done away with fixed (early/late seating) dining on E Class ships months ago. I guess it's back.

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Well, this is new then. X had done away with fixed (early/late seating) dining on E Class ships months ago. I guess it's back.

If you just show up at the same restaurant at the same time every and ask for the same waiter you have created your own fixed dining.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

If you just show up at the same restaurant at the same time every and ask for the same waiter you have created your own fixed dining.

I agree, but that's not what it sounds like from who I replied to. They referred to a "specific table" which I took to mean an assigned table.