Vista Poolside Song Rotation: Algae in the Algorithm?

harryw

I have been spending hours poolside soaking up cool breezes and ship music.

There seems to be much repetition of certain sings by certain artists, e.g, James Taylor, Rod Stewart, Cat Stevens. Not that I dislike their songs, but

I wonder why there isn’t more diversity.  Though if I hear Brand New Key one more time, I will scream!

I agree…a bit irritating hearing the same songs over and over again…they need to change it up and some upbeat 50’s music “from time to time” would be fun and enjoyable…fits demographic of many onboard.

• Haha 1

@BEEZLEE I have friends who like hip hop, some country music, some oldies, some classics…not sure if age dictates music taste…being bombarded by the pool by music you may or may not like is obnoxious.  I was on a Christmas cruise once that played Beyoncé over and over till everyone wanted to jump overboard!  Many party ships do this which if you want that great.  I hope O isn’t trying that out now.  

11 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

@BEEZLEE I have friends who like hip hop, some country music, some oldies, some classics…not sure if age dictates music taste…being bombarded by the pool by music you may or may not like is obnoxious.  I was on a Christmas cruise once that played Beyoncé over and over till everyone wanted to jump overboard!  Many party ships do this which if you want that great.  I hope O isn’t trying that out now.  

Oceania pool music is quite subtle at just the right (fairly low) volume. There is zero "obnoxious bombarding." What in the world makes you speculate that Oceania is going in that direction?

1 hour ago, BEEZLEE said:

I agree…a bit irritating hearing the same songs over and over again…they need to change it up and some upbeat 50’s music “from time to time” would be fun and enjoyable…fits demographic of many onboard.

Trust me, Perry Como continuously isn’t enjoyable by some of us either.

You can’t please all the people all the time. Variety helps.