Review: Enchanted Princess - 11/23/23, 15-day TA Civitavecchia to Fort Lauderdale

Kmkub

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You are spot on!  I remember the crew clapping, as we entered the ships!  The crew thanking us for sailing again and saving their jobs.

Of course, don’t forget those ships were only about 50% full.

Great memories.

Yes! That did happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after our return to the Enchanted we found the food to be just as good as ever

The buffet has been exactly the same as in past years with multiple selections at every meal. I wouldn't say that everything is perfect but it's certainly much better than any of the other older class ships we've been on.

The food in the DR has also been excellent with service being just as good. 

I doubt many people could find much to complain about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2023 at 12:02 PM, loge23 said:

The gentleman told us that it "today only, 25% off" on the next to last day of the cruise - and they let us take it with us! Of course, all of this was covered by our OB credits which really made it a steal! The JW Blue wasn't a good deal btw, so you really do have to shop around and know your prices. 

Cheers!

Second this. I'm one of those people who have the Total Wine app open when in the shops. I was disappointed in most ports with the duty free prices, especially St Thomas: it used to be the best, now everything was a rip-off! Found some very low priced Mount Gay XO and Campari in Antigua, but plenty of other brands were priced the same as back in the US or even more.  

Regarding buying on-board, your advice is spot on. I waited until the last day to check out the duty free selection in the shops. 1L bottle of Patron Reposado was an ok deal at first, but when the clerk saw me debating the purchase she informed me it was 20% off. That then made it a great deal, but note, she said it was for only one bottle, so don't plan on buying multiples with the 20% off deal

• Like 1