Peninsular club

bodgerday

I am fairly new to Cruising and have sailed for a total of 93 nights. At present I am in the Atlantic tier of the Peninsular club. I have booked a 14 night cruise in January.  During this cruise my loyalty points will take me into the Mediterranean tier.  Do I see the benefits of the extra 1% discount on the 8th day of sailing?  Or does the next tier only come into effect when I book my next cruise? Thanks.

23 minutes ago, bodgerday said:

I am fairly new to Cruising and have sailed for a total of 93 nights. At present I am in the Atlantic tier of the Peninsular club. I have booked a 14 night cruise in January.  During this cruise my loyalty points will take me into the Mediterranean tier.  Do I see the benefits of the extra 1% discount on the 8th day of sailing?  Or does the next tier only come into effect when I book my next cruise? Thanks.

Next cruise unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack your question, but I've contacted P&O on 3 occasions with this query but no answer yet......

In November 2023, we were Mediterranean tier, but for our next cruise later this month, we have been designated Atlantic tier. I don't understand, as this means our benefits are reduced.

Can anyone enlighten us? 

TIA 👍

32 minutes ago, ScotchBoy said:

Can anyone enlighten us?

Only the Peninsular Club people I'm afraid.

I could understand points not being added due to the fare type but I have never heard of anyone being downgraded.

I know this may sound a bit extreme but it could of course be a glitch in P&O's IT system.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, ScotchBoy said:

Sorry to hijack your question, but I've contacted P&O on 3 occasions with this query but no answer yet......

In November 2023, we were Mediterranean tier, but for our next cruise later this month, we have been designated Atlantic tier. I don't understand, as this means our benefits are reduced.

Can anyone enlighten us? 

TIA 👍

That is a new one on me, the only time you would move down is if you got to Baltic or Ligurian and didn't complete the required number of sea days in the specified time scale. Have you checked your P&O account as your details and points should be shown in the "My loyalty" section?

I've spoken to someone at P&O who confirm that it is incorrect. They promised to have someone from the Loyalty Team call me back, confirming that it has been rectified. No such call transpired. I've emailed twice (after having been on hold for over 25 minutes on 2 separate occasions - and life is too short when you're my age!). Neither email has received a reply. Our past cruise history demonstrates that "Words and Figures" do not match, so I presume that it is a computer glitch. I'll call again when I can multi-task whilst on hold.

BTW thanks for clarifying the position - we didn't think we could be "demoted" either. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I have found any issues I have had is much better sorted by private message to P&O on their Facebook page rather than long repetitive calls or e mails.

Thanks majortom10, but for me, it's not a strong enough incentive to sign up to Fakebook 😒