I got upgraded, too!

jayoldschool

15 minutes ago, Bobal said:

I wonder whether folks would regard mine as an upgrade. Booked a guarantee Prime Veranda on Millennium on the basis that these cabins are on a deck under other cabins and without connected staterooms and normal view from the balcony. Only the second time we've ever booked a guarantee and thought with that category we couldn't go wrong. Just been allocated a cabin under the Seaview Cafe, connected to another and with an overhang which means no sun on the balcony (I prefer sun). HOWEVER it's an Aqua Class which would have cost significantly more and comes with Blu, which we've experienced before and really liked the food there. Just hoping the positives of the Aqua experience outweigh the cabin negatives. 

Are you sure you get the Aqua Class amenities with Blu and spa thermal suite access?  If you do that is an upgrade from a Gty Verandah. They must have been sold out of Prime Verandah cabins and had no choice but to put you in an Aq cabin. We did a Aqua cabin on the Infinity before covid and wondered why this elevated level of cabin on M Class ships are only on the deck below the pool and OVC?

Edited by terrydtx

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

Are you sure you get the Aqua Class amenities with Blu and spa thermal suite access?  If you do that is an upgrade from a Gty Verandah. They must have been sold out of Prime Verandah cabins and had no choice but to put you in an Aq cabin. 

If you are assigned a Aqua class cabin on a guarantee you get Blu and the spa access.

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Are you sure you get the Aqua Class amenities with Blu and spa thermal suite access?  If you do that is an upgrade from a Gty Verandah. They must have been sold out of Prime Verandah cabins and had no choice but to put you in an Aq cabin. We did a Aqua cabin on the Infinity before covid and wondered why this elevated level of cabin on M Class ships are only on the deck below the pool and OVC?

I'm assuming so. Our Setsail pass on the App shows us in Aqua Class. I'll be visiting Guest Relations pretty quickly if we don't 😂 And I agree about the location. It's the same on some smaller versions of RC ships, where the most expensive suites are under the pool deck 

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

If you are assigned a Aqua class cabin on a guarantee you get Blu and the spa access.

Even if your Guarantee category was a Prime Verandah cabin? The poster did not have an Aqua guarantee cabin when booked.