Move Up Gratuities

Julma

I booked an IV on the Ascent with All Included before Celebrity dropped gratuities.  I was just awarded a move up to a sky suite.  I know I will have to pay the difference, but will I lose the included gratuities all together under the new policy?  TIA

53 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

When is your cruise? Just wondering how far ahead you received your move up

About a month out.  I believe it varies.  I was surprised to get it so soon out.  I put in a low bid (50$s over minimum pp), so was surprised to get it at all.  

13 hours ago, Julma said:

I booked an IV on the Ascent with All Included before Celebrity dropped gratuities.  I was just awarded a move up to a sky suite.  I know I will have to pay the difference, but will I lose the included gratuities all together under the new policy?  TIA

Did you have AI before they removed the grats?  If so, you pay the difference between original cabin and sky suite at the time of bid acceptance.  It'll show on your Visa in the total.  If your AI was after the change and it didn't include grats (and you didn't prepay), you will have a daily grat charge applied to your onboard account.

3 hours ago, 39august said:

So, if my current bookings all include the AI WITH gratuities, I won't lose my gratuities if I make a successful move up bid? I am being very wary of making any changes to current bookings so that I don't lose those gratuities. 

That seems to be the answer so far.  I would/will bring my original booking with grats included.  Since I did move to a suite from an IV, I will be responsible for the difference in tips.  

7 hours ago, Julma said:

About a month out.  I believe it varies.  I was surprised to get it so soon out.  I put in a low bid (50$s over minimum pp), so was surprised to get it at all.  

Good for you, congrats! Hope you enjoy your cruise!