Brazil VISA HELP

Boatie 1

On 12/15/2023 at 10:41 PM, annmarz said:

I broken-heartedly and with a few tears cancelled my March 9 Voyager cruise over this issue.  My financial advisor advised me not to send this info to Brazil.  This may be extreme, but I was truly uncomfortable doing so and did not want to take on the stressful application process that so many seem to be experiencing.  I hope all of you get good results and have a wonderful cruise.  I will be following along in spirit.  This was to be our fist Regent cruise and I hope I can rebook another in the near future.

We sent a copy of Nov and just blacked out the account number and they accepted it

FWIW, we received a letter in our suite yesterday that not only Regent, but the entire cruise industry, has escalated this to the highest levels within the Brazilian government to find a solution. We will see if anything comes of it.

• Like 2

The frustration continues as I can't get straight answers from Regent. Each person one speaks with has a different answer. I leave on Dec 26th for the Capetown to Capetown sailing on the Voyager and I am going on the Capetown to Rio leg as well. 

I've wasted many hours on the phone with Regent and many hours on my computer trying to get my visa. The fact that one cannot speak directly with a representative of the company is beyond me. Yes, there is a phone number to call, but it is a recorded message which is useless. 

I've now sent an email to my TA to ask what happens if I can't get the Visa. When I sailed on Oceania thru the Amazon in 2016 I received my visa without a problem. 

One would think that Regent would be more helpful regarding this issue.

I read one post that said that Regent was allowing passengers without a visa on board, but one first must be allowed into the country and without a visa how does that happen?

Good luck folks. 

37 minutes ago, scorpiony3358 said:

The frustration continues as I can't get straight answers from Regent. Each person one speaks with has a different answer. I leave on Dec 26th for the Capetown to Capetown sailing on the Voyager and I am going on the Capetown to Rio leg as well. 

I've wasted many hours on the phone with Regent and many hours on my computer trying to get my visa. The fact that one cannot speak directly with a representative of the company is beyond me. Yes, there is a phone number to call, but it is a recorded message which is useless. 

I've now sent an email to my TA to ask what happens if I can't get the Visa. When I sailed on Oceania thru the Amazon in 2016 I received my visa without a problem. 

One would think that Regent would be more helpful regarding this issue.

I read one post that said that Regent was allowing passengers without a visa on board, but one first must be allowed into the country and without a visa how does that happen?

Good luck folks. 

Is your 2016 VISA still good? It looks like Regent is becoming more proactive by requesting that passengers forward their application emails to them. Check your email for the message.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Add me to this mess! I have been rejected 12 times thus far and the last rejection, today, asked for the financial document which WAS APPROVED on an earlier rejectione mail!! Go figure.

I am booked on the 12 Jan 2024 cruise, Cape Town to Rio.

I realize that Brazil is giving a "slap" geopolitically to us and Japan and UK, but Regent's response has been non-extistent--only an apology to my TA. My TA is angry and his Scottsdale clients will be probably wholly informed of Regent's lackluster interventions (uh, non-interventions).

Why would Regent worry? They will have all of our final deposits unconditionally, with no opportunity for a refund--some travel insurance may cover, but most don't.

Disgusted in Tucson...

Edited by milli1960
added cruise date

On 1/2/2024 at 7:18 PM, milli1960 said:

Add me to this mess! I have been rejected 12 times thus far and the last rejection, today, asked for the financial document which WAS APPROVED on an earlier rejectione mail!! Go figure.

I am booked on the 12 Jan 2024 cruise, Cape Town to Rio.

I realize that Brazil is giving a "slap" geopolitically to us and Japan and UK, but Regent's response has been non-extistent--only an apology to my TA. My TA is angry and his Scottsdale clients will be probably wholly informed of Regent's lackluster interventions (uh, non-interventions).

Why would Regent worry? They will have all of our final deposits unconditionally, with no opportunity for a refund--some travel insurance may cover, but most don't.

Disgusted in Tucson...

Quick update for everyone following this closely - we were just notified from the Brazilian government that they have postponed the date the eVisa goes into effect to April 10th, so for any of you on a sailing between now and then, you can rest easy as the eVisa is no longer necessary!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2