Question about cabin hold timing and promo deposit

DaisyFire

Hello.

I am in the process of booking my first Princess cruise and have had my travel agent hold 3 cabins while I coordinated with the other people with whom I will be traveling. The cabins are held until 12/19 - but the current deposit promo seems to expire today.  I just sent a note to my agent to go ahead and move forward to book these cabins - but am not sure they will get/respond to this before Monday.  

Because we already have the cabins on hold - will the deposit promotion ($100 per person fully refundable) still apply even if we don't get things finalized before Monday?  I am playing travel coordinator for our group and I would hate to have to tell them that they now have to pay a higher deposit because I somehow messed up 😞

10 minutes ago, DaisyFire said:

Hello.

I am in the process of booking my first Princess cruise and have had my travel agent hold 3 cabins while I coordinated with the other people with whom I will be traveling. The cabins are held until 12/19 - but the current deposit promo seems to expire today.  I just sent a note to my agent to go ahead and move forward to book these cabins - but am not sure they will get/respond to this before Monday.  

Because we already have the cabins on hold - will the deposit promotion ($100 per person fully refundable) still apply even if we don't get things finalized before Monday?  I am playing travel coordinator for our group and I would hate to have to tell them that they now have to pay a higher deposit because I somehow messed up 😞

My experience had been if anything falls on a weekend (final payment, etc) they hold everything until the next business day

9 minutes ago, DaisyFire said:

Hello.

Interesting. I called Princess last week and tried to put a hold on a cabin and was told they discontinued that option. You can’t do it on the website either. 
You might want to make sure they’re really on hold. 

I think the key to understanding this scenario is stated by the OP...(I) "have had my travel agent hold 3 cabins..."

These are not truly "on hold" from Princess' viewpoint...only the travel agent. I don't think that you'll have any problems completing the bookings on Monday. 

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I think the key to understanding this scenario is stated by the OP...(I) "have had my travel agent hold 3 cabins..."

These are not truly "on hold" from Princess' viewpoint...only the travel agent. I don't think that you'll have any problems completing the bookings on Monday. 

Yes - that is correct ... my travel agent is holding them (and I checked the Princess site - they are not showing as available there).  I guess then this is probably more likely a shadow booking vs. a hold - which also means the pricing at the time she 'booked' them will mostly likely still apply.

Thanks everyone for the input and helping me think this through!