Luggage Tags

mallie24

8 minutes ago, mallie24 said:

Hi All:  Just finished checking in on line for our January 8/24 trip from Mumbai to Singapore.  Only problem, where are our printable luggage tags?

Any thoughts!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Usually they are sent to you a few weeks before your trip (North America only now) along with other info. Check with your TA since it is sometimes sent to them; if not the TA can contact O. If you don't have a TA, contact O and ask for the tracking number of the package. If you don't get them, you can get blank ones from the porters at the pier...enter your last name, room number, sailing date, and ship. 🎅🤶🎄🌠

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

They are sent to North American passengers automatically. Other locations need to either get them at the pier or make their own.

Apparently to expensive for O to send to other guests. 

I personally don't think having the luggage tags sent to us before leaving home is really a benefit to us.  I would prefer just having our tags waiting for us at the cruise terminal.  I think the cruise lines send the tags to us ahead of time to make it easier for them to process our bags.  Either way, you really do not need your tags sent to you.

1 hour ago, Psoque said:

I personally don't think having the luggage tags sent to us before leaving home is really a benefit to us.  I would prefer just having our tags waiting for us at the cruise terminal.  I think the cruise lines send the tags to us ahead of time to make it easier for them to process our bags.  Either way, you really do not need your tags sent to you.

Well...  Since you and your bags usually part ways before you enter the terminal, you're talking about porters hand-(mis?)writing the tags.  "Traveling" is a short way of saying "opportunities to solve problems", but why ask for one more?  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snaefell3 said:

Well...  Since you and your bags usually part ways before you enter the terminal, you're talking about porters hand-(mis?)writing the tags.  "Traveling" is a short way of saying "opportunities to solve problems", but why ask for one more?  😉

I guess if you rely on others to label your tags, that could be a chance for a problem to occur.  I usually travel with a black magic marker (fine point!) whenever I travel, and I have used it to clearly mark our blank tags at the entrance to the cruise ship terminal more than once.  I don't trust others to label my tags.  But maybe I am over-prepared.

2 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

Have you thought about checking the porter-written tags for accuracy when you drop them off?  We check every tag that goes on our baggage from airlines to cruise ships to verify the information is correct before we leave them in their hands.

Edited by 1985rz1

52 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Have you thought about checking the porter-written tags for accuracy when you drop them off?  We check every tag that goes on our baggage from airlines to cruise ships to verify the information is correct before we leave them in their hands.

Since sometime last century  😇

...and, in a low voice,  "I know you did it right, but she'll worry if I don't check".