Type of entertainment on the Equinox

hrmkr

We are sailing on the Equinox in a few months.,  First time on Celebrity. We have sailed on Carnival, NCL and Royal.

I wanted to see if someone that has recently been on the Equinox can tell me about the night entertainment that is offered.

For example, what was the Broadway type show offered (if any) and how was it.  Are there comedians, magicians, etc.  What type of music is available to go listen to?  Anything else that is offered primarily after dinner.  I know every cruise is different but does the ship die down in the evenings? 

Thanks for your input.

You're going to have a 45ish minute-long main show at 7pm and it repeats at 9pm.  One night should be a comedian which may or may not add a 1015pm rated-x show and one night should be a magician.  All other shows are going to be all musicals, this includes Broadway-style shows, concert-style shows, a show with aerialists, etc

At 8pm there'll be a passenger participation game show; often an officer or two join in

There are no “Broadway type shows”. There are two primary production shows that are a mix of music and aerobatics. There are typically comedians and other musical performers. 

The ship has several venues with live music. Expect a rock band (sort of), a string duet or trio, and a couple of wild cards. Sets are 45 minutes, which is kind of choppy when they’re good. There will probably be a silent disco (more fun than you might think) and a DJ. The grand foyer will go until about 11:00, then things will shift upstairs. Any given night will be different, as will any given cruise. 

Edited by markeb

On 12/20/2023 at 11:21 PM, markeb said:

There are no “Broadway type shows”. There are two primary production shows that are a mix of music and aerobatics. There are typically comedians and other musical performers. 

The ship has several venues with live music. Expect a rock band (sort of), a string duet or trio, and a couple of wild cards. Sets are 45 minutes, which is kind of choppy when they’re good. There will probably be a silent disco (more fun than you might think) and a DJ. The grand foyer will go until about 11:00, then things will shift upstairs. Any given night will be different, as will any given cruise. 

What type of entertainment is going on in the grand foyer until 11:00?

5 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

What type of entertainment is going on in the grand foyer until 11:00?

Live music for the most part. On our cruise there was a DJ outside the Martini Bar one floor up, so the grand foyer and martini bar spill into each other.

18 minutes ago, markeb said:

Live music for the most part. On our cruise there was a DJ outside the Martini Bar one floor up, so the grand foyer and martini bar spill into each other.

What type of live music was being played? Classical, country, rock, 80's easy listening, etc...

On 12/20/2023 at 11:15 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

.  One night should be a comedian which may or may not add a 1015pm rated-x show 

I would say "adult" show.   Hardly "x rated".   Most of the adult comedy shows wind up being tamer than the average comedian you might see at home. 

2 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

What type of live music was being played? Classical, country, rock, 80's easy listening, etc...

I think it depends on the house band. The last couple of house bands were guitar rock/keyboard, mostly 70's/80's. Although I remember this group doing some current pop as well (I think Taylor Swift, maybe Beyonce, but a lot of Eagles, some Foo Fighters, etc.). There was also a string duo (guitar and violin) that were very good, but they were usually earlier in the evening. On our cruise in 2022 the house band was from Mexico and they did a Latino themed night that was incredibly popular.