Newbie to SS and sailing Feb 1

a flygirl

Hello everyone,

We are new to SS and are sailing Auckland to Mel on the 1st of Feb.

I just have a few questions...or at best want to clarify a few things with the experts.

We are waitlisted on almost all the excursions... We did receive a confirmation on one excursion, a new time was added and we decided to go with that.

What are the excursions like? We tend to travel independently , are there long queues, huge buses, waiting for tardy passengers ? Or does it run rather smoothly?

Does the butler really unpack you? That would be a treat!

We have 3 formal nights, we are bringing husband's tux but will a dark jacket pants suffice on the other nights or even in lie of tux one night?  

We tend to dress up so we are not bothered by the dress code, I have 2 gowns and all dresses for dinners so I will need everything pressed. The Windstar offers 40 % off pressing only the first day of the cruise does SS do anything like that? Thanks

Dining, we managed to only get one upcharge restaurant booked... kinda frustrating. I am hoping we at least get the opportunity to dine at each restaurant at least once.

We are really looking forward to this cruise, if anyone has done this itinerary, please let me know if there is anything we should not miss, or if you have any tour operators that have great excursions.. Thanks so much . Happy Holiday everyone.

I have found all my excursions excellent.  Maximum of around 25 passengers per big bus, and excellent guides.  Never any queues or delays generally.  I have also found that Silversea passengers are considerate and on time.  Of course there are exceptions, but I hope that doesn’t happen to you.

Yes, if you do request, the butler will unpack for you.  On one cruise I had unpacked, but time got away from us.  We asked the butler to unpack for my son.  Personal choice, as you might end up moving stuff about later on.

There is no discount on pressing.  However, there is a passenger laundry on each deck of Silver Muse, so you can iron your own garments.

Some people are intent on booking restaurants in advance. I never do and have never had a problem eating where I want.  La Dame is a personal choice.  I do like Silver Note, so do try to book at least one night.  You can always go there after dinner elsewhere just to listen to the singer.

Don’t stress. Enjoy your holiday.  New Zealand is a fabulous country.

• Like 1

Good morning, I have always unpacked and packed my own clothing. I have never asked the Butler do it and never would.  I guess people do it but I prefer to handle my own things.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 9:52 PM, Lois R said:

Good morning, I have always unpacked and packed my own clothing. I have never asked the Butler do it and never would.  I guess people do it but I prefer to handle my own things.

Me too !   We are up to 465 nights on SS and I have always unpacked  and packed,  then I know where everything is  🙂