Got Crazy Move-Up Offer Before Final Payment Date

OceanCruise

I am Elite Plus sailing on Silhouette 4 nights March 21 in a Sunset Sky Suite. Final payment is January 6 but I paid off the balance last week. I just got an email with an outrageous move-up offer that would cost me more in the end than if I booked on the Celebrity website now. Move up offer minimum bids were $3000 pp for PH Suite, $2000 pp for Royal Suite, $1000 pp Horizon Suite and $500 pp for Celebrity Suite. Again, this is for only 4 nights and there are 6 Royal Suites available plus several of the others except PH. I thought Move-Up offers were only available after the standard final payment date. Have others experienced this?

43 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

I am Elite Plus sailing on Silhouette 4 nights March 21 in a Sunset Sky Suite. Final payment is January 6 but I paid off the balance last week. I just got an email with an outrageous move-up offer that would cost me more in the end than if I booked on the Celebrity website now. Move up offer minimum bids were $3000 pp for PH Suite, $2000 pp for Royal Suite, $1000 pp Horizon Suite and $500 pp for Celebrity Suite. Again, this is for only 4 nights and there are 6 Royal Suites available plus several of the others except PH. I thought Move-Up offers were only available after the standard final payment date. Have others experienced this?

My Move Up offers have all been outrageous. I sometimes wonder if new cruisers are sent lower offers than myself. For reference, I have just hit Elite Plus after my last cruise. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

Yes..I don’t see the issue..

• Like 1

I thought Move Up offers were only available after  final payment date. I got the offer before that so I was wondering if they changed the program. I also wanted to point out the ridiculousness of the move-up offer which would cost me more with the minimum bid than if I just booked that cruise new today on the website. It is a reminder that Move-Up isn't necessarily the bargain people may think it is.