Crown & Anchor Point System

Good morning, and Merry Christmas! I have spent quite a bit of time searching through various previous/old posts to find the answers I'm after and I'm still not 110% confident... Figured I'd take the leap, join the page, and make my first post! 😅 

So, to give some backstory and clarify, I went on two RCI cruises prior to turning 18 years of age, in which my parents were emerald status at the time. They had created a crown & anchor society account for myself, and I retained the emerald status they had. 

After I turned 18, my points reverted back to zero and started over... I still retain emerald status, but have since gained 22 points from cruising on my own... I actually have 36 total days of cruising (14 days prior to turning 18, and then 22 days on my own - but it only reflects 22 currently on my crown and anchor account) My question is this; do I have to regain an entire 80 points of my own to achieve diamond status since I started my points back at 0, Or do I just need to achieve 25 total of my own points to achieve diamond status, since I retained emerald (55 points) in which case a mere 3 days cruise and I will be at diamond... Which is my hope 🤣🤣 

Thanks so much in advance and happy holidays 💙

Edited by W0rstPlayerNA

Upon turning 18, your points should not have reverted to 0, you should still have the number of points you earned on the cruises you physically took. 

if your parents were Diamond prior to your 18th birthday, then you are Diamond now, regardless of whether or not you cruised with them when they were Diamond. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Upon turning 18, your points should not have reverted to 0, you should still have the number of points you earned on the cruises you physically took. 

if your parents were Diamond prior to your 18th birthday, then you are Diamond now, regardless of whether or not you cruised with them when they were Diamond. 

Gotcha! I actually have 36 total cruise days at this moment - 14 of which we're the two cruises prior to me turning 18 

So in that case right now I technically should have 36 total points 

I double checked with my parents, and it seems that I actually fell short by a year... They didn't hit diamond until the following year when I was 19. 

Edited by W0rstPlayerNA

1 minute ago, W0rstPlayerNA said:

Gotcha! I actually have 36 total cruise days at this moment - 14 of which we're the two cruises prior to me turning 18 

And should be receiving Diamond benefits. 

You will advance to Diamond Plus when you have 175 points, just like everyone else. 

6 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And should be receiving Diamond benefits. 

You will advance to Diamond Plus when you have 175 points, just like everyone else. 

No, they should be Emerald with 36 points, assuming all cruises were in a balcony or below and no extra points promo applies.

53 minutes ago, W0rstPlayerNA said:

Good morning, and Merry Christmas! I have spent quite a bit of time searching through various previous/old posts to find the answers I'm after and I'm still not 110% confident... Figured I'd take the leap, join the page, and make my first post! 😅 

So, to give some backstory and clarify, I went on two RCI cruises prior to turning 18 years of age, in which my parents were emerald status at the time. They had created a crown & anchor society account for myself, and I retained the emerald status they had. 

After I turned 18, my points reverted back to zero and started over... I still retain emerald status, but have since gained 22 points from cruising on my own... I actually have 36 total days of cruising (14 days prior to turning 18, and then 22 days on my own - but it only reflects 22 currently on my crown and anchor account) My question is this; do I have to regain an entire 80 points of my own to achieve diamond status since I started my points back at 0, Or do I just need to achieve 25 total of my own points to achieve diamond status, since I retained emerald (55 points) in which case a mere 3 days cruise and I will be at diamond... Which is my hope 🤣🤣 

Thanks so much in advance and happy holidays 💙

You should have 36 nights/points and retain your parents tier status of Emerald.  If you know your ships and date of sailing you can go to your account and update for any missing cruises, otherwise call the C&A desk 800.526.9723.

Happy Holidays to you,🎁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

But their parents were Diamond prior to their 18th birthday, so they are Diamond 

Not according to the OP.  Apparently there were some edits between when you posted and I read the OP.

1 hour ago, W0rstPlayerNA said:

I double checked with my parents, and it seems that I actually fell short by a year... They didn't hit diamond until the following year when I was 19. 

Edited by Another_Critic

5 hours ago, W0rstPlayerNA said:

After I turned 18, my points reverted back to zero and started over.

5 hours ago, W0rstPlayerNA said:

22 days on my own - but it only reflects 22 currently on my crown and anchor account

As it should be. Be glad you are Emerald and not Gold with only 22 CAS points