Waterford Taxi Hire?

frisbeewife

We’ll be in Waterford in May on NCL Star. Does anybody who’s been there know if it would be possible to hire a taxi at the port for about a 4 hour drive around the countryside?  And about how much it might cost?  None of the ship excursions excite us and we’d like to visit Rock of Cashel for a few pics then head on to other scenic sights.  The rental car places seem to close at 5 and since the ship doesn’t arrive until 1:30 that really cuts into our sightseeing time. 

Edited by frisbeewife

Frisbeewife:  wouldn't that be a tight schedule to get to Cashel and back on time.  Even if you have priority and  get the first tender, that puts you at port by 2.  Probably the last tender is somewhere between 630 and 7.  

Yes, I decided that going to Cashel is not a good use of our time in Waterford.  We're going to rent a car in Cork and go from there.  But I would still like to know if taxis are available in Waterford to drive us around for a few hours so we can see the scenery in the area.  There don't seem to be any car rentals there and we'd really like to see the countryside. 

When we were there I do not remember seeing any waiting taxis in Dunmore East.   You may want to pre arrange a taxi to pick you up and take you for a ride..  You can spend a little time in Dunmore East.   It is a small seaside village and ... you can walk from tenders along sidewalk near the coast, a couple of ice cream shops a local park, etc.   It is nice, but probably not more than an hour there.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 10:05 AM, frisbeewife said:

Yes, I decided that going to Cashel is not a good use of our time in Waterford.  We're going to rent a car in Cork and go from there.  But I would still like to know if taxis are available in Waterford to drive us around for a few hours so we can see the scenery in the area.  There don't seem to be any car rentals there and we'd really like to see the countryside. 

We were in Waterford last August.  Couldn't find a cab. Wanted to go to the village we used to live in.  Luckily the Waterford glass company had a free bus running into town so wectok that.  Btw..we loved go to the Rock of Cashel and going to one of my favorite restaurants...Chez Hans