Booked a Massage on Apex: Spa Qs

Tina99

On 12/26/2023 at 5:14 PM, hcat said:

Relaxation room..only for waiting on S Class...On E Class...its a lobby type area by the front desk.  No fruited water or loungers there.

There is a dedicated spa relaxation room on E-Class ships. It can be found by going past spa reception, down the long hallway on the right. It's the last door on the left before entering the Thermal Suite. Loungers, fruited water and hot beverages are all there.

14 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

There is a dedicated spa relaxation room on E-Class ships. It can be found by going past spa reception, down the long hallway on the right. It's the last door on the left before entering the Thermal Suite. Loungers, fruited water and hot beverages are all there.

Sorry,   Guess we missed it....several times.  Is that where the heated loungers are located or another room.

The  room with heated loungers was long and  narrow and very  warm..due to the windows and heat from loungers..

Guess we did not stick around to see the fruited water etc...we'll take a peek in a few weeks and post some pics!   

Other than the nice locker rm.. we found the Thermal suites area lacking...It is much better on S Class ships!

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sorry,   Guess we missed it....several times.  Is that where the heated loungers are located or another room

The relaxation room is separate from the Thermal suite where the heated loungers are. It's on the left side of the main hallway from the reception desk. 

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sorry,   Guess we missed it....several times.  Is that where the heated loungers are located or another room.

The  room with heated loungers was long and  narrow and very  warm..due to the windows and heat from loungers..

Guess we did not stick around to see the fruited water etc...we'll take a peek in a few weeks and post some pics!   

Other than the nice locker rm.. we found the Thermal suites area lacking...It is much better on S Class ships!

As Kwokpot stated, the heated loungers are all inside the thermal suite. The relaxation room with chaise loungers is in a separate space and not part of the thermal suite.

I personally like the semi-private placement of the heated loungers in the E-class thermal suite. They're tucked away at the front and behind pillars. They also face outwards offering phenomenal forward ocean views. On S-Class, the heated loungers are all "exposed" and in the middle of Persian Gardens.

• 3 weeks later...

We are on the Ascent soon.  It looks like a 20% gratuity is automatically added to every, very expensive, service.  This includes the Thermal Pass where you really are not getting a service, but using a facility.  I would expect the bare minimum standard of keeping the facility clean would not actually warrant a tip, but still 20% is added onto the reservation.  Spa costs have gotten crazy! We have cruised a lot and I used to be able to book a pass every cruise, or a service as a treat, but really it's now outpriced for me.  Especially since you must listen to a hard sell along with your service.  As well, on the Ascent site many of the nicer spa services seem to be unavailable on the ship, despite it being a new ship.  They are not "sold out" just "unavailable".  We love spa and may have to look at resorts as an option in the future when we want to pamper ourselves, as opposed to cruises.  

On 12/29/2023 at 10:27 AM, kwokpot said:

The relaxation room is separate from the Thermal suite where the heated loungers are. It's on the left side of the main hallway from the reception desk. 

gee  nice of them to never mention it!

I have cruised twice on  EDGE and on BEYOND, and do several spa visits per cruise.  No one ever said a word!

Guess I'll go earlier to my Ascent appt so I can check out the Relax rm.. I like the fruited water ahead of some services

In any cruise ship spa we have ever utilized, we always write clearly on their form; no real health issues, and we are NOT interested in any products, just our massage (or whatever we have booked).  We learned on the first time we used a ship spa back in 2003, they will hound you hard core for products. Since writing this on the form, we have never had any issues and some great massages. ☺️

Edited by Esmerelda