Wi Fi

tigger54

Quick question. We are taking a 14 day cruise on the Nieuw Statendam (first time on Holland-but not new to cruising) in February. We have a guaranteed balcony. Can we order things like wi fi ahead of time with a guaranteed cabin? I can’t seem to find where to do this?
Thank you

Yes, you can pre-purchase wifi, even with a guarantee. Go into your booking and click on "Packages", you will see a list of categories and "internet packages" is one of the categories.  Enjoy your cruise. Hope you love HAL as much as we do!

Edited by pmjnh
  • Like 1

You can order distilled water in the Manage my Bookings where you purchased the WiFi under "Beverages".  Then click "Water".  You can bring a NON Surge Protected extension cord.  Some people said they could get one from the cabin Steward on board, but I would just bring one since they are light weight.

image.png.1396182bead08678bfc4e24d63376f1a.png

image.png.b20e0670a1e8f82d4d3906e0e5dcce8c.png

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

The extension cord is a special services item as the CPAP use. If you booked through a PCC or TA, they can add then for you. There's no charge. Adding the cord in advance assures you that you'll have it.

Adding the CPAP note is a heads up for the ship and your room stewards. There are special services items for many things, ranging from scooter use to sharps containers if someone is insulin dependent.

If you booked online, call the general HAL number and have a rep add the items.

As far as Wi-Fi is concerned, you can pre purchase the Premium plan for roughly the same price you'd pay for the lower tier Surf plan. It's a decent savings and what I bought for the Nieuw Statendam two weeks ago. The speeds were good, and greatly improved over the old satellite system.

One bit of advice: As you move from ace to place on the ship, disconnect and then reconnect to the Wi-Fi network. That way, your device won't try to keep the connection to the previous access point on the NieuwStatendam-Guest network. Theoretically, your device should hand off tu the access point with the stronger signal, but that doesn't always happen.

Screenshot_20231220-091458.png

• Thanks 1

A slightly different question, but maybe in line with what I know about surge protectors and certain electrical devices:

What about a small humidifier? Those don't use as much power as heating devices (which are not allowed); after my last cruise - the dry air finally got to me - I'm thinking about taking one for the upcoming cruise.