Tracy Arm Fjord Excursion?

MissMet

We will be cruising on the NCL Jewel the end of July into early August. 

I want to book an excursion to visit Tracy Arm Fjord from Juneau. I have read about a few highly recommended tour companies that boat you over from Juneau but neither have info or ability to book for 2024, and one of them says we need to book through our cruise ship. 

While NCL does offer that excursion on their website, they are not offering it for my cruise. Any insight as to possibly why it seems I can’t book it?

Any insight or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, MissMet said:

We will be cruising on the NCL Jewel the end of July into early August. 

I want to book an excursion to visit Tracy Arm Fjord from Juneau. I have read about a few highly recommended tour companies that boat you over from Juneau but neither have info or ability to book for 2024, and one of them says we need to book through our cruise ship. 

While NCL does offer that excursion on their website, they are not offering it for my cruise. Any insight as to possibly why it seems I can’t book it?

Any insight or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Probably port times or no boat is available.  NCL is known for weird port times in Alaska.  And with five cruise ships a day in Juneau, the boats that go to Tracy Arm may have been booked by other ships.

42 minutes ago, wolfie11 said:

Probably port times or no boat is available.  NCL is known for weird port times in Alaska.  And with five cruise ships a day in Juneau, the boats that go to Tracy Arm may have been booked by other ships.

Hmm. We’re in port 7am to 8pm that day so it seems weird not to offer it. Must be no availability. 

1 hour ago, MissMet said:

Hmm. We’re in port 7am to 8pm that day so it seems weird not to offer it. Must be no availability. 

They usually offer it when they have half days (you get on their tour before before the ship docks in Juneau or something like that) and then are dropped off in Juneau.

I would contact them directly as they have all day tours also: https://allenmarinetours.com/juneau/#gsc.tab=0 

Just realize that a lot of Alaskan tour companies take long vacations in the winter. It may take awhile for a return email.

• Like 1