Joy Next November

dpepper64

We just booked the Joy for next year out of Miami week before Thanksgiving.  How is the ship, as we have been on 13 cruises with NCL but never the Joy so I would like to hear from all who have been on the ship and what they thought of it.  Thank you for the help.

13 minutes ago, dpepper64 said:

We just booked the Joy for next year out of Miami week before Thanksgiving.  How is the ship, as we have been on 13 cruises with NCL but never the Joy so I would like to hear from all who have been on the ship and what they thought of it.  Thank you for the help.

It is similar to other Breakaway Plus ships. She is going to a major dry dock next month, so she will be new and fresh when you sail. 

Here’s a link to my live post from the Joy in October 

We’ve cruised on the Joy eight times. It’s our favourite ship. As Bird says, the ship will be refurbished over the winter so there will be some changes, good and bad. A new thermal spa should be a big plus, as will the expansion of Vibe and the addition of Starlink for internet access. A big negative will be the elimination of some space in the Observation Lounge to add more cabins.

I was on the Joy in 2022, it's a nice ship and very similar to her sister ships in the BA+ class.  If I were you I would wait until people sail on her after the dry dock and all changes have been completed, to get a good idea of how the ship will be when you sail.