Handicap accessible cabins

bconley351

I was wondering how available the wheelchair accessible cabins were on NCL cruises. We have cruised Princess in a wheelchair accessible cabin, but if they can get passports in time we were thinking about taking our 2 teenage grandchildren on a Med Cruise this summer. Also, they will be 16 and 18 when we sail. We were thinking of getting us a balcony cabin and them the opposite inside cabin. Is this possible?

I would Google the ship name and accessible cabin to see if you can find a video or photos. We have sailed on Royal in accessible rooms (for our daughter) but not on NCL so far.

When we sail with our kids, we do an accessible balcony cabin and the non-accessible room next to it. Across the hall when the ship layout works that way (or nearby) is also possible. I like using a trusted travel agent for situations like this just to be certain we book what we need.

FWIW, the difference in price on our March 2023 trip on RCCL’s Oasis of the Seas the accessible balcony and neighboring standard balcony combo was only $200  more than accessible balcony and nearby interior. For the price and ability to open up the partial wall between the two balconies, we did both balcony rooms. It was perfect for us.

1 hour ago, bconley351 said:

I was wondering how available the wheelchair accessible cabins were on NCL cruises. We have cruised Princess in a wheelchair accessible cabin, but if they can get passports in time we were thinking about taking our 2 teenage grandchildren on a Med Cruise this summer. Also, they will be 16 and 18 when we sail. We were thinking of getting us a balcony cabin and them the opposite inside cabin. Is this possible?

I am not exactly sure what your question is. 

Are there accessible rooms in most cabin classes: yes

Are they available on every ship: yes

Are accessible cabins available on your specific cruise: you need to check. 

Can you get the exact configuration (accessible balcony with an inside across the hall)? unlikely, buy you can try. 

Also remember that technically you need someone over 21 booked in each cabin. I think that there is an exception for connecting rooms. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I am not exactly sure what your question is. 

Are there accessible rooms in most cabin classes: yes

Are they available on every ship: yes

Are accessible cabins available on your specific cruise: you need to check. 

Can you get the exact configuration (accessible balcony with an inside across the hall)? unlikely, buy you can try. 

Also remember that technically you need someone over 21 booked in each cabin. I think that there is an exception for connecting rooms. 

I’ve never been able to get an exception for connecting cabins, even with a 19 and 20 year old, but they’ll give extra keys.

7 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve never been able to get an exception for connecting cabins, even with a 19 and 20 year old, but they’ll give extra keys.

Extra keys - to be used by the group when you've registered one of the adults in each of the cabins to cover the ship's requirements.