Booking NCL in Australia for overseas

Yeah, you should be charged in AUD, as long as you don't have cookie blockers that hide your location. Your fare should also show as inclusive of taxes and gratuities.

The AU version of the site shows this phone number in the top right corner of the home page:

1300 255 200.

The $AU web address should show as https://www.ncl.com/au/en/

Any fare you see for local currency should read like 

$1,916 PP / AUD
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hi.  If I book NCL direct in Australia for an overseas cruise, will the cruise booking cost be charged in AUD or USD?

(Sorry for the  basic question)

Actually, just poking around a Pride of America booking, and contrary to my earlier post, grats don't show in the fare breakdown. I am unsure whether they are included in the fare. When looking at the fare breakdown it does say service charges are included, but it would be best to confirm.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I just checked my receipt from 2019, and it's in AUD. That was for a transatlantic from Orlando to Barcelona. Gratuities were not included in the fare; I prepaid them as an add on. There's an option for direct deposit with Australian bank details, and then a note that says if you pay by credit card "we do not charge any credit card fees but your bank may charge an international service fee as our account is in Miami". I did pay by credit card, and I can't be sure now, but I really don't think I was charged an international transaction fee.

Edited by Tigerlily75
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

Looking at Pride of America, it looks a good deal at present. I might even have to look for something next Christmas.

That’s on my bucket list - sounds like a plan for you for next Christmas 👍

31 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That’s on my bucket list - sounds like a plan for you for next Christmas 👍

A wish list at present. I can't commit to anything this year beyond February until we tick a couple of boxes in real life.

There are worse things in life than Princess in Alaska. What ship have you gone with?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Gone with Grand Princess.  We had a very limited available date range in our schedules to book  Alaska. Looked at RCL, NCL, Celebrity,  and Holland America and Ruby Princess - Grand best suited our availability and where we wanted to board and disembark.  Realise she is old but I’m confident we will enjoy nevertheless.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1