Congratulations ChesterH

CaroleSP

Hi Chester!

Just saw your winning entry and plug in the new Porthole Magazine. I couldn't have been more excited had it been my entry winning the goodie bag. Well, that may not be totally accurate...I do love my goodies. What did you get and do you share? LOL

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks, Carole. I don’t subscribe to the magazine, but pick up a copy now and then if I see it in a bookstore. One day last week, I got off the highway to escape a traffic jam and went to Barnes and Noble. Didn’t see the item until I got home and flipped through the pages. It was a big surprise.

If there’s to be a goodie bag, it’ll be the next surprise. Maybe I’ll get a t-shirt – you know I’ve been chasing one of those for years…

All the best,

chesterh

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Carole, the goodie bag arrived today by US Mail in an envelope made of Kevlar or something equally indestructible. I carefully opened it with a sharp knife, and slid the contents onto the kitchen table. Kris held her breath… Inside – are you ready??

First, a copy of the April Porthole magazine, with a bookmark thoughtfully placed on page 98. Clipped to the cover was a nice personal note from the editor, thanking me and conveying best wishes. And the grand prize? A long-sleeved denim shirt, with “Porthole Magazine” embroidered above the breast pocket. Those who have been around here for a while can appreciate how much this means to me – I’ve been on a quest for a no-cost cruise-related shirt for nearly four years now, and I finally got it! Now all I have to do is lose a few pounds so I can wear it (they sent an "L," and I am presently an "L+" - not quite an "XL," but needing some extra room in the stomach muscle area).

In the meantime, it’ll hang on the wall next to the fire extinguisher I won at the town fair twenty years ago – all of my trophies on display in one place. Of course, I expect Kris will snatch it next time I turn down the thermostat… I am forever honored.

Now, I'd love to share, but need some suggestions as to how to go about it...

chesterh

Congratulations my friend. I haven't been on the Celebrity threads in quit a while. Wear your shirt proudly! You and Sid have the same build issues! Those stripes just aren't straight any longer. We all need a cruise to look forward to once again. Anything planned in 2006, 2007?

Nanatravel

Archived