Apex Embarkation Lunch Options

Robkat

Posted (edited)

Happy New Year to all our fellow cruisers!  

I know that this has probably been asked and answered dozens of time, but for some reason, no matter what combination of words I use, I can't seem to find the answers we're looking for through a Search.

So ... could you please tell us what options there are for lunch on embarkation day on the Apex. 

And, more specifically, is Le Grand Bistro open for lunch?  Can we/do we need to make reservations? (We tried doing this through our booking, but LGB is not offered for lunch???). And, we thought that LGB for lunch was $20pp + tax, but then just read recently that it is now $30pp????  Is it really worth that for a lunch?

If we were interested in Raw on 5, but aren't sushi eaters, do you think there are plenty other menu choices? (We've found their menu but aren't sure what half of the offerings are.)  We like teppanyaki-type offerings.  Do they take embarkation day lunch reservations?

We love Celebrity's buffet, but never on an embarkation day.  We really wish that Celebrity would offer up a MDR lunch option though. Are there any other options that we haven't thought of?  Oh yeah, just thought of Mast Grill, but would really rather a nice, calm, sit-down restaurant for that first day.

Thanks for all information you can provide.

Edited by Robkat

• Robkat changed the title to Apex Embarkation Lunch Options

I can’t speak to Raw on 5, as DH is not into Asian food, but LBC is our top choice for embarkation day lunch if we are not sailing in the Retreat and able to dine in Luminae. We have never made reservations or had any issues with capacity.

Yes, the fee has go up to $30 pp. It is worth it to us to have a served lunch in a calm environment, especially if we have onboard credit to use up.

According to the app for our Ascent sailing Eden Cafe is open for lunch.  The app isn’t always reliable , but worth walking to Eden on Deck 5  when board to see. 
When  LGB was $20 including tip we thought it was a good option but at $30 pp + 20% gratuity not worth it to us.  

• Like 1

Thanks for these replies.  

It's such a shame that there isn't a MDR option on that first day!  

When you're all excited to be aboard and have to face the chaos of the buffet, it certainly brings that experience down a notch.

So, we'll definitely give LGB some thought as an alternative ... but wow! ... the price is really up there, isn't it?  $72 for a lunch!  Yikes! 

DH is a "value for the money" kind of guy, and even his aversion to the buffet may not be enough for him to feel good about LGB! 😂

Posted (edited)

LGB wasn't open on embarkation day on my Apex sailing this past June. Opted to dine in Raw on 5 and enjoyed their hot Ramen soup. The $11-13 prices for Ramen were reasonable. Good sized portions too.

Edited by Nado44