Harvest Caye NCL Snorkeling Recommended?

LazyinNJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have not been to Harvest Caye yet, but the snorkeling in Roatan is spectacular. We went to Tabyana Beach with a shore excursion on NCL and then found Cory Bennett, a snorkel tour guide on the property. It was last year in May 2023, we each paid $80 apiece in our group and he took us out on a private snorkel tour of the reef right off shore for an hour (actually a little longer). I've attached his card and a short video. Hope it loads. Worth every penny. He also takes photos and video for your group and sends you a link for download. I can't recommend him more highly.

Cory Bennett.jpg

Someone in my group just corrected me and said they weren't sure that the $80 was for a few of us or per person.  You will have to contact him and check. I don't want to give out incorrect information...and it's a year later so there's that...

Edited by medcruzer9200

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2024 at 1:44 PM, LazyinNJ said:

Anyone been on the Harvest Caye snorkeling, recommended vs going in Roatan?

There's no snorkeling at Harvest Caye (I guess you could take a tour somewhere, but none at the port). Roatan has some of the best reefs at West Bay (as mentioned above). 

• 2 months later...

NCL offers one tour for snorkeling over the reef - but it's short and it's a half hour out and a half hour back so very little snorkel time.  There are other operators locally but you have to take the limited access ferry to Placencia to reach them. 

I would snorkel other places.  Ships that anchor in the Belize City anchorage have a better choice of snorkel tours (instead of Harvest Caye).