Edinburgh (Leith) hotel used by Seabourn?

Our Venture cruise in June concludes with flights from Longyearbyen to Leith and overnight hotel accommodation included.

We would like to extend our stay in Edinburgh and ideally stay in the same hotel.

Does anyone have any idea which hotel Seabourn uses in Edinburgh?

Posted (edited)

Yes, The George first with overflow to The Kimpton.

We are on the same trip - advice received from Seabourn when we started pushing for info to finalise our travel. Where you land will depend on bookings volume. We found it easier to just lock in elsewhere for another few days.

Edited by BasandSyb

8 hours ago, sfvoyage said:

The George in Edinburgh

Question:

I'm also staying at The George on my own booking prior to my SB Venture cruise in April. Do you think/know if I could "hitch" a ride from The George to embarkation port, for boarding on 28 April? Since SB uses The George, perhaps there is way other than taxi or Uber? 

TYIA,

jdk

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jdk-atlga said:

Question:

I'm also staying at The George on my own booking prior to my SB Venture cruise in April. Do you think/know if I could "hitch" a ride from The George to embarkation port, for boarding on 28 April? Since SB uses The George, perhaps there is way other than taxi or Uber? 

TYIA,

jdk

Our stay at the George is at the start of our Arctic voyage, which includes a stay there plus transfer the next day to the airport for our chartered flight to Longyearbyen.

Your voyage does not include a night's hotel and airport transfers.  So, no, I don't think you'll be able to hitch a ride to your embarkation port; your voyage has nothing to do with airport transfers and does not coincide with the same date anyway.

(If you are Diamond Elite, you'll of course get a free private transfer to the port, within the distance limit.)

Edited by sfvoyage

On 1/8/2024 at 9:27 AM, Keithb said:

That ship is docking in Rosyth port now not leith. We are departing it on April 28th. 

Hi Keith:

We (Judy & I) will be on the Venture with you. Arriving into Edinburgh, staying at The George, on April 26. I hope to meet up with you - this will be our first time on the Venture and any expedition ship.

Best, Jonathan K.

jdk

Sorry jdk but what I meant to say is that we are getting off the ship on the 28th. I was just letting people know that the ship is docking in Rosyth port instead of Leith as originally planned. Hope you have a great cruise. We are getting on the ship on April 2nd in Malaga Spain. Cheers 

21 hours ago, Keithb said:

Sorry jdk but what I meant to say is that we are getting off the ship on the 28th. I was just letting people know that the ship is docking in Rosyth port instead of Leith as originally planned. Hope you have a great cruise. We are getting on the ship on April 2nd in Malaga Spain. Cheers 

HI Keithb:

Thanks - Sorry to miss you. I hope that you have a fantastic trip!

Best, jdk