Excursion discount

We received $800 for excursions under the prior January 1 O Life plan. We requested 4 excursions  bur the invoiceon the computer does not reflect the 25% discount for ordering 4 tours. Previously when we had only 3 booked the computer advised us that we needed 1 more to qualify. What is happening?

22 minutes ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

We received $800 for excursions under the prior January 1 O Life plan. We requested 4 excursions  bur the invoiceon the computer does not reflect the 25% discount for ordering 4 tours. Previously when we had only 3 booked the computer advised us that we needed 1 more to qualify. What is happening?

Not unusual.

The cart for online booking engine is wonky at best, and isn't always (some would say never) correct.  It also doesn't apply the 25% discount automatically when you add the qualifying excursion unless you click the right button, and even then it doesn't if the bookings were in two separate transactions. That's why we always have our TA do the excursions booking for us.

Assuming you booked them yourself online, you will have to call Oceania to get it corrected.

I have the same SM arrangement and thought that perhaps what they meant by the 25% off was the fact the SM tours are exactly 25% off the price of the tour without SM. Am I understanding correctly that there should be a further 25% off the listed SM prices (the website has both "Tour Pricing" and "SM Shore Excursion Pkg Pricing")?

If you click on the ? in the circle next to the SM Shore Excursion Pkg Pricing it says "Min 4 excursions for 25% off". So I took it to mean that the price showing for the SM excursions has that included. When I put things into my cart it didn't do the 25% off at first but when I clicked on the 2nd pricing option on the payment page it did.  Is there still a further 25% that I'm not getting?

Also, can anyone confirm the cancelation policy on excursions. On the 2nd page of my booking confirmation it notes that "Shore Excursion Packages" (which I'm assuming means SM) have a 100% fee "on or after embarkation day". Can I assume that prior to that there is a full refund?

I have to confess that I'm finding a lot of what O is doing with SM has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to communication.  I really like what SM provides, but it is taking way too much effort to understand how it all works. Without the help of CC I'd really be struggling or bothering my TA too often. Many thanks to all who can help with these excursion questions and to all who have helped me so much on the current thread about the SM bev pkg.

Yes I discovered you need to book them all at once if booking on the website for it to work correctly. I just called direct and had them credit the difference and they sent me a new pdf invoice with all the prices noted 

29 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Not unusual.

The cart for online booking engine is wonky at best, and isn't always (some would say never) correct.  It also doesn't apply the 25% discount automatically when you add the qualifying excursion unless you click the right button, and even then it doesn't if the bookings were in two separate transactions. That's why we always have our TA do the excursions booking for us.

Assuming you booked them yourself online, you will have to call Oceania to get it corrected.

Ongoing problem with O which they seem in no hurry to correct. This along with gamesmanship with Simply More credits...coming to the conclusion that the cruise line many of us have known and loved is turning into an ethically challenged company. Looking forward to two more cruises booked with them..we do like the product...but sadly may be taking them off our list of cruise lines with which we book.

1 hour ago, Carnevale said:

I have the same SM arrangement and thought that perhaps what they meant by the 25% off was the fact the SM tours are exactly 25% off the price of the tour without SM. Am I understanding correctly that there should be a further 25% off the listed SM prices (the website has both "Tour Pricing" and "SM Shore Excursion Pkg Pricing")?

If you click on the ? in the circle next to the SM Shore Excursion Pkg Pricing it says "Min 4 excursions for 25% off". So I took it to mean that the price showing for the SM excursions has that included. When I put things into my cart it didn't do the 25% off at first but when I clicked on the 2nd pricing option on the payment page it did.  Is there still a further 25% that I'm not getting?

Also, can anyone confirm the cancelation policy on excursions. On the 2nd page of my booking confirmation it notes that "Shore Excursion Packages" (which I'm assuming means SM) have a 100% fee "on or after embarkation day". Can I assume that prior to that there is a full refund?

I have to confess that I'm finding a lot of what O is doing with SM has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to communication.  I really like what SM provides, but it is taking way too much effort to understand how it all works. Without the help of CC I'd really be struggling or bothering my TA too often. Many thanks to all who can help with these excursion questions and to all who have helped me so much on the current thread about the SM bev pkg.

Short answer: There is only one 25% discount that kicks in when the minimum number of excursions is booked (although if using the glitchy online version, a call to O may be needed).

I think you're missing a key fact though...everyone who booked after September 1st has SM and the Tour Price is what you pay if buying less than the minimum (for 25% off). (Just FYI - those with OLife have essentially the same deal of Tour Price or 25% off with minimum (plus also the Ultimate Pkg).

There is a cancellation policy on the last page of your shorex pdf. If you don't have it, your TA should send it to you. It gets updated sometimes, so ask for it as often as you like if you're interested in updates. The Packages are described on the first page.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carnevale said:

So did you get a further 25% off the price showing online under the "SM Shore Excursion Pkg Pricing" or, through your call, did you get the price that is show online?

I got the discounted simply more price

that is shown when you select the excursions (for my cruise I needed to book 7 to get the discount)

I contacted my TA and she advised me that everyone misses the necessary click. She corrected it for us giving us our discount.

I noticed that we are leaving La Paz earlier due to tides. I hope this does not impact on any one's plans.