Miami Port Traffic gotten any better?!

dandeck

Hello!

Last few cruises out of Miami have either been quick to the ship or a nightmare! (-:

Heading out on Celebration this time in a couple weeks.  How are Sundays there?  To Celebration specifically if ya been?  Seems like we've always embarked on Saturdays in the past.  Normally not a problem.  Last time a wreck in the tunnel and it was shut down.  A friggin nightmare!  After an hour, got luggage and walked rest of the way! LOL 

Anyway, Sundays OK if no wrecks...?

Thanks and happy sailing!!

3 hours ago, dandeck said:

Hello!

Last few cruises out of Miami have either been quick to the ship or a nightmare! (-:

Heading out on Celebration this time in a couple weeks.  How are Sundays there?  To Celebration specifically if ya been?  Seems like we've always embarked on Saturdays in the past.  Normally not a problem.  Last time a wreck in the tunnel and it was shut down.  A friggin nightmare!  After an hour, got luggage and walked rest of the way! LOL 

Anyway, Sundays OK if no wrecks...?

Thanks and happy sailing!!

We just sailed out of Miami a few weeks ago (on NCL) and it was definitely a better experience this time than when we went in April. It was on a Sunday if that helps. Going there was great. After the cruise it was crowded but didn't wait in lines after we got in our Uber and we were out in no time with no issues. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 7:16 AM, mitsugirly said:

We just sailed out of Miami a few weeks ago (on NCL) and it was definitely a better experience this time than when we went in April. It was on a Sunday if that helps. Going there was great. After the cruise it was crowded but didn't wait in lines after we got in our Uber and we were out in no time with no issues. 

That's good to hear. We're leaving out of Miami for the first time in March and have heard hit or miss traffic. We have an 11:30am flight on disembarkation day, so we'll be in a hurry.

Traffic has me worried now 😑 we have a Monday morning embarkation, getting ourselves to the port in our own vehicle from a hotel right outside the Miami airport. How much time should we plan on to get ourselves from the airport area down to the parking garage at Terminal A? Want to be realistic even when using a gps and it gives drive time. 

On 1/17/2024 at 1:04 PM, cj_one2000 said:

Traffic has me worried now 😑 we have a Monday morning embarkation, getting ourselves to the port in our own vehicle from a hotel right outside the Miami airport. How much time should we plan on to get ourselves from the airport area down to the parking garage at Terminal A? Want to be realistic even when using a gps and it gives drive time. 

I wouldn't worry about a Monday morning. There will be less congestion on a non-weekend day. I'm seeing 20 minutes right now from the airport to the port on Google maps. At worst, 30 minutes?

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

I wouldn't worry about a Monday morning. There will be less congestion on a non-weekend day. I'm seeing 20 minutes right now from the airport to the port on Google maps. At worst, 30 minutes?

Monday morning is rush hour and everyone is going into downtown Miami for work so this unfortunately isn't the case!

On 1/17/2024 at 1:04 PM, cj_one2000 said:

Just wait out rush hour and you will be fine arriving to the port late morning/early afternoon.   I would leave the hotel no earlier than 10 am and you should be okay.  Not sure if you are staying in the Blue Lagoon area by the airport, but I would give yourself 20-30 minutes at that time.

26 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Monday morning is rush hour and everyone is going into downtown Miami for work so this unfortunately isn't the case!

At 10 or 11 a.m.? Nah. (As you note above.) No one should be heading to the port at 7:30 a.m.

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Just wait out rush hour and you will be fine arriving to the port late morning/early afternoon.   I would leave the hotel no earlier than 10 am and you should be okay.  Not sure if you are staying in the Blue Lagoon area by the airport, but I would give yourself 20-30 minutes at that time.

That’s what we’re thinking, leave at 10:00 but we aren’t sailing until October so I won’t have our embarkation time slot until August. I like to plan ahead though 😂 hoping we get a 10:30 or 11:00 slot. 

4 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

At 10 or 11 a.m.? Nah. (As you note above.) No one should be heading to the port at 7:30 a.m.

Do you live in the downtown Miami area so you are speaking from experience?

No one is heading to the port but the roads will be packed with commuters going into downtown Miami and Brickell.  Having lived on Brickell for 8 years, it's certainly something that I saw all the time. 

5 minutes ago, cj_one2000 said:

That’s what we’re thinking, leave at 10:00 but we aren’t sailing until October so I won’t have our embarkation time slot until August. I like to plan ahead though 😂 hoping we get a 10:30 or 11:00 slot. 

I always plan ahead to totally understand.  The cruise traffic once in the tunnel will be lighter on a Monday, it's the roads leading from your hotel to that tunnel that has the traffic that I was talking about.  

Hope you enjoy your night in Miami as well as have the best cruise!

29 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I always plan ahead to totally understand.  The cruise traffic once in the tunnel will be lighter on a Monday, it's the roads leading from your hotel to that tunnel that has the traffic that I was talking about.  

Hope you enjoy your night in Miami as well as have the best cruise!

We are excited, first time on Allure. It’s been almost 20 years since I’ve been to Miami. We’re staying at Hyatt Place Airport East. They have a decent hot breakfast so that timing will be great to leave for the port at 10am. We’re coming from Tampa Bay Area so I get it when you say rush hour traffic 😩

23 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Do you live in the downtown Miami area so you are speaking from experience?

No one is heading to the port but the roads will be packed with commuters going into downtown Miami and Brickell.  Having lived on Brickell for 8 years, it's certainly something that I saw all the time. 

I said 20-30 minutes. You said 20-30 minutes. How is my answer wrong and yours isn't? 

Anyway, I'm out. OP, have a great cruise.