Any way to withdraw OBC?

amurray88

1 minute ago, sandancer said:

The only way Princess would let us have our refundable OBC back was by a cheque (in dollars) within 14 days.

Not sure when that was but last year I had a refund straight into my bank within 14 days.

That was Nov 22. I argued with them and pointed out that they had my card on file so if they could charge that card why couldn’t they just refund the obc. They wouldn’t budge so I had to take the other route which is now not allowed. 

11 hours ago, sandancer said:

The only way Princess would let us have our refundable OBC back was by a cheque (in dollars) within 14 days.

Princess made changes to their process last year to allow UK passengers to request any outstanding refundable onboard credit in cash before disembarking. I was told of this when trying to get a refund from a Caribbean Princess cruise in May 2023 (which was later paid via NatWest PayIt) and by the time we were on our August 2023 Island Princess cruise, we received a letter in the cabin telling us we could do this. They've done this because they can't retain non-US card details after the cruise, so can't issue refundable credits automatically.

23 minutes ago, CaptainPedantic said:

Princess made changes to their process last year to allow UK passengers to request any outstanding refundable onboard credit in cash before disembarking. I was told of this when trying to get a refund from a Caribbean Princess cruise in May 2023 (which was later paid via NatWest PayIt) and by the time we were on our August 2023 Island Princess cruise, we received a letter in the cabin telling us we could do this. They've done this because they can't retain non-US card details after the cruise, so can't issue refundable credits automatically.

Thanks for the info. 

3 hours ago, CaptainPedantic said:

They've done this because they can't retain non-US card details after the cruise, so can't issue refundable credits automatically.

But they do - book another Princess cruise and by magic your credit card details appear!

5 hours ago, david63 said:

But they do - book another Princess cruise and by magic your credit card details appear!

I would have thought the card details are on your computer, rather than the Princess website.

Maybe someone who knows exactly how these things work could confirm or deny that.

3 hours ago, tring said:

I would have thought the card details are on your computer, rather than the Princess website.

Maybe someone who knows exactly how these things work could confirm or deny that.

Whilst my credit card details have been entered on my computer, obviously, they are not stored on my computer and even if they were how would they get into the Princess app on my phone?

21 minutes ago, david63 said:

Whilst my credit card details have been entered on my computer, obviously, they are not stored on my computer and even if they were how would they get into the Princess app on my phone?

My Android phone will give me the option to load my cc details into a sellers website or app, which I guess is what @tring is referring to, but it does require me to choose that option.

Of course some sites do ask you if you want to save your card details to make future ordering slicker, maybe you inadvertently ticked the Princess box?😇😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

My Android phone will give me the option to load my cc details into a sellers website or app, which I guess is what @tring is referring to, but it does require me to choose that option.

Of course some sites do ask you if you want to save your card details to make future ordering slicker, maybe you inadvertently ticked the Princess box?😇😊

But I have never used any credit card to pay for anything on my phone.

In any case that is irrelevant. Before booking a Princess cruise there was no sign of my credit card on their site but as soon as I booked one it appeared and it was nothing to do with paying the deposit as that was covered by FCC

8 minutes ago, david63 said:

But I have never used any credit card to pay for anything on my phone.

In any case that is irrelevant. Before booking a Princess cruise there was no sign of my credit card on their site but as soon as I booked one it appeared and it was nothing to do with paying the deposit as that was covered by FCC

But don't you have to input your cc details into the website or app when you first complete all your personal data?

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

But don't you have to input your cc details into the website or app when you first complete all your personal data?

Yes - but Princess claim that once a cruise has ended then they do not have your credit card details, which clearly is not true.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 5:59 PM, smilesonfaces said:

All I could suggest is buy goods from the shops and put them on eBay/Vinted or the like when you are home.  

A friend on a world cruise last year got over £1000 extra on board credit because of missed ports, bought a high quality watch and sold it unused  on his return. Your idea can work, if OBC is large enough.