What is the Princess WC doing about the suez canal situation?

Eli_6

If this is still going on in summer 2025, we will be canceling. I am not flying from Texas to Sydney, Australia and spending all but 3 or 4 of our 36 days at sea. 

On 2/2/2024 at 1:14 PM, conifercruiser said:

Wow, HAL’s revised world cruise is at least making it interesting - Maldives, Seychelles, Zanzibar, etc:

Looks like Princess is just trying to get it over with. Sad for the passengers!

Not necessarily, a lot depends on the overall itinerary. Unfortunately the distances going from Australia around the Cape of Good Hope and up to where the Mediterranean joins the Atlantic are huge.

The Island itinerary has been changed to give passengers as much of their original itinerary in the Mediterranean as possible, albeit in a different port order.

Both Island and Coral itinerary changes start from when the ship are in Australia and Australia is a big country - it takes 7 days non-stop averaging 17 knots to get from Sydney to Fremantle. They pass through some notorious seas on this route so need to allow for this hence the lower average speed.

Ships can't go direct from Australia to Capetown due to fuel capability, so they have to make one stop on the way even though it means it will take longer to get to Capetown.

When the new Coral itinerary gets released in a couple of days I'm expecting we'll lose any Med ports but the we'll resume our Northern Europe and Baltics itinerary without any changes.

I don't know what the original HAL itinerary was but I think it's safe to say they will probably be losing a number of Med. ports, that linked their Suez transit to the Atlantic, and that may give HAL more flexibility to add in more new ports. Plus they are coming down from Asia not across from the east of Australia so it's logical that they would have stops in places like the Maldives, Seychelles and Zanzibar.