Thoughts on Noordam Cabin 8147

We are thinking about booking this cabin but have not been able to locate any reviews. We were concerned with the pool deck right above with noise in the morning with setting up of the pool deck.

Any thoughts on the cabin vs. a mid-ship Neptune suite with regards to cabin size and balcony size?

TIA

Here's some older pictures of the same location on the sister ship Zuiderdam on Halfacts.com.  Lots of balcony space! 

Further from the Neptune Lounge which is mid deck 7.  Others here have lots of personal info on these and should chime in soon!  

8147 – Zuiderdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

~Nancy

• Like 2

We frequently book deck 8 aft cabins on Vista class ships.  There is some noise in the morning when they set up the chairs but it has never bothered us because we are usually up by 7.  No noise problems at other times.  I love deck 8 for the proximity to the Lido and the Seaview pool.  I had friends staying in 8147 on the Oosterdam, the balcony is amazing.

• Like 1

I see that 8147 is the port-side aft Neptune Suite.  It is right below the smoking area on the Lido Deck.  We were in the Noordam deck 6 aft Neptune Suite, which is below 8147, and would occasionally smell cigarette smoke in our stateroom.  This was on a 34-day cruise and it happened 3 or 4 times.  Each time i lasted about 10 or 15 minutes and resolved on its own. This was my only criticism of the room.

As far as it being far from the Neptune Lounge, I counted that as a plus.  Going to and from the lounge (and using the stairs instead of the elevator), I got in the extra steps that helped offset all the food I ate.

If you're like us, once you cruise in an aft Neptune Suite, you'll never want another stateroom.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sciencewonk said:

I see that 8147 is the port-side aft Neptune Suite...If you're like us, once you cruise in an aft Neptune Suite, you'll never want another stateroom.

This!!

• Like 1