Zip Lining

crusinmomwithtwo

Can someone who has done zip lining here tell me about the experience?  I (F 48) will be visiting with my two daughters (14 and 12) and my 14 year old would not want to do the zip line (she isn't adventurous at all) and I am wondering if anyone has sat out while others in their group have done it and can shed some light on where she'd be while we are doing it?

Depends on what venue you use.  Years ago at South Shore Canopy, SIL sat out while DW and I did the course.  She just kinda hung around and yakked with the people there. At Mahogany Bay, the zip line is right across from the shopping area. Been a long time but I don't recall anything other than ziplines at Pirates of the Caribbean.

1 hour ago, crusinmomwithtwo said:

We are docking at Coxen Hole, so I was planning a private tour with one of the companies recommended on here, so I'm not actually sure what the location would be.  On the Victor Bodden website it just says Mayan Jungle Canopy. 

Ask the tour operator, as a guess they have heard and answered this question more than once.  Then pop back and let us know what they said.   😊

• 3 weeks later...

Also interested in hearing about people's ziplining experience.  My 75yr old mom wants to come with us and I'm wondering if there is any challenging climbing with this or is it all downhill.  Also looking at Victor Bodden.

Edited by queen_kathy1

• 1 month later...

I was also wondering about this.  Will be on RCCL Harmony so docking in Coxen Hole.  We have walked to the sloth place and there are a couple of zip line places walkable too so wondering if we should just walk or book a tour.  Not all in our group want to zip line but would like to watch.  For anyone who has used Victor Bodden where do you meet them.  Also which zip line place is your favorite?

You meet the rep for Victor Bodden tours at his kiosk behind the shopping area. That guide will walk you out to the vehicle.

We liked South Shore Canopy.  But Pirates of the Caribbean has a variety of heights. If you're seeing sloths and monkeys and some aren't zipping, then Victor would be my pick.