Christmas Cruise

QTBabyNurse

Hubby and I are contemplating spending Christmas on a cruise this year. We are seasoned cruisers, but have never been on a cruise for Christmas. We generally sail out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. We are in our early 60's and like to have a fun time...we are definitely not the type of people who just want to sit in a lounge chair all day. The ports of call are really not all that important to us as we have already been to most of them already. The ship is the main focus for us.

So, having said all that....if YOU have taken a Caribbean cruise for Christmas out of Florida, which ship did you sail and what were the pros and cons of that particular ship? Add any other information you think would be helpful to assist us in choosing an exciting holiday cruise!

Thank you!

• Like 1

So, if I took a Christmas cruise a few years ago, is it expected to be the same as next year? Same itinerary,  same ship, same everything?

I think you need to look at the schedules the cruise lines already have released  for next Xmas,  and decide what interests you. Then find out on the board for that cruise line what the holidays are like. Comparing them to past years may not get you the data you are interested in. Things change. 

• Like 1

I am confused. :classic_ninja:

Your signature says "Celebrity Silhouette 3/16 - Spring Break for Adults", I hope that was a chartered cruise because Celebrity is far from what you are looking for! :classic_laugh:

If I bypass any potential upside down pineapples.. Fun in terms of Carnival cruise Fun or perhaps adults only with Virgin? Other than that, you are a loyal RCCL cruiser, already sailed Allure (Oasis class) so if the ship is the destination; Icon of the Seas, departing Sat 21 Dec 2024.

And last but not least Norwegian might be a good choice, with lots of entertainment and dining options on their mega ships.

Edited by FreestyleNovice
typo in attempt at humor

16 hours ago, QTBabyNurse said:

Hubby and I are contemplating spending Christmas on a cruise this year. We are seasoned cruisers, but have never been on a cruise for Christmas. We generally sail out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. We are in our early 60's and like to have a fun time...we are definitely not the type of people who just want to sit in a lounge chair all day. The ports of call are really not all that important to us as we have already been to most of them already. The ship is the main focus for us.

So, having said all that....if YOU have taken a Caribbean cruise for Christmas out of Florida, which ship did you sail and what were the pros and cons of that particular ship? Add any other information you think would be helpful to assist us in choosing an exciting holiday cruise!

Thank you!

Hey there, we are similarly situated as you. We recently returned a few weeks ago from our first Christmas Cruise abord RCCL Adeventure of the Seas. It was an 8-night cruise from Port Canaveral with port calls in St. Thomas, Laberdee, Puorto Plata, St. Martin. The ports were all ablaze in Christmas theme as well. My DW's stepson is in the military and deployed. So, my DW decided to take her daughter and grandson on a cruise for Christmas as something special. It was a GREAT idea. Yes, there were 1000+ kids on the ship as expected, but overall, they were well behaved except for the last night when the parents seemed to unleash them. If the behavior was like that every night, then YES, I would have a different opinion. The ship was decorated to the max and the Christmas theme was awash in decorated trees, garland and lights. The ship also had Christmas themed shows and menus in the dining room. They also did a midnight mass on Christmas eve and Christmas day. Many, many cabin doors were decorated with lights and stockings. Santa and his helpers also spent every night of the week dropping trinkets in all the stockings hung on the cabin doors. The "gift giving" was organized by different groups mostly on the sight with the face and the book. People would signup who was on the cruise along with children's age and gender. The organizers would then divide up the list and assign cabins to the folks participating. My DW got involved and she had a spreadsheet with her assigned cabins. We spent a few nights walking the cabin decks putting gifts in stockings. It was a kick as you'd pass others doing the same thing. Everyone was having a really good time doing it. It really was a magical experience. I consider myself more of a Grinch/Scrooge, but I will admit it truly was a good experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. It sort of brought the kid in me out again. That's a good thing. So glad I went. It certainly was a different way to spend Christmas and I would say worth doing.  Not sure I'd do it every year (although we met several families that have made it a tradition) I'd do it again. Best of luck. Hope 2024 is off to a good start for you. Stay Safe & Healthy.